Just needed to vent this

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jaslken

Just needed to vent this

Postby jaslken » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:12 pm

I asked the State of NJ to do an independent review of the mishandling of my case... I was hopeful that someone outside the agency will actually review my case and report any errors. I have no idea why I thought that!!! The independent review was done INTERNALLY by the same office as the caseworkers that are mishandling my case... go figure!!!

I will not go through the entire case as I would be here all day... one thing I just thought about was this...

One of the many caseworkers we had actually ran over my daughter's foot and she was put in a cast for 6 weeks and was out of school the entire time. She was not in my custody and she was being transported by the caseworker to relative placement. The caseworker NEVER took her to the ER, nor did she follow up after she knew of the injury. Two days later when my daughter complained to me of pain and swelling, I took my daughter to the ER and filed my police report. The caseworker did not take her for any follow-up appointments at the podiatrist. She did not take her for the removal of the cast nor did she arrange home schooling as required by law.

Now when the review was done they noted that my case has been handled appropriately and no issues were noted with any of the caseworkers!!

I can not believe that a child severly INJURED by a caseworker, temporarily disabled, a child that did not receive proper medical treatment while in the care and custody of the state, and the fact that my daughter was neglected educationally by the state did not send any red flags!!!

I can not wait to SUE!!!
Just needed to think about that outloud here...

http://bringmydaughterhome.tripod.com//index.html

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:25 am

I think most on here could have told you they themselves are incharge of what they do. Nobody reviews any on going with cps except cps. that is why the agency is such a mess. It's like leaving the hens in charge of the hen house. They only think I can think of that could help any is contact the state ombudsman for some that has sparked an investigation It happened in my state a few years back in the southern part of the state a bunch of workers were canned and there was a big shake up. I believe "FINN" did that as well and it made a difference in Tenn.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:38 pm

Wow!

That is unbelievable!

I agree about calling your state's ombudsman.

I hope you do sue them! Also, your daughter can sue them after she turns 18.

And...I'd file a formal complaint against the cps worker. Is she a licsensed social worker? If so, you can file a complaint with the social work board.

It's unthinkable to imagine that she knowingly ran over your dd's foot & did not take her to the ER! Did she realize what she had done? HOW could she not be held responsible? How is what she did not neglect & abuse? If a parent did that, it would be considered as such.

How could they have not arranged for her educational needs to be met while out of school?

Oh, before you file with the state ombudsman, I think you have to file a complaint with the cps office over your local cps office...it would be like your caseworker's supervisor's supervisor. They WILL be in a different office & usually in a different county.

mommyx3b

Postby mommyx3b » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:02 pm

I filed with the ombudsman first, they helped me file a complaint with the board of directors.
"No Honey, you can't help mommy make cookies for Santa, 'cause it might make a mess, then CPS will take you away 'cause the house isn't spotless." <-----What I should have told my 4 yr old daughter.

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:45 pm

wow, they really messed up.

It won't be hard to find a lawyer if not several to take that case.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

missladybugg0

Postby missladybugg0 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:57 pm

Good Lord what would have happened if she ran over more than just her foot. Would she have just left her there. Why was she close enough to the car that the CW ran over her foot. If she is in charge of transport wouldnt you think the child would be in the car. This woman needs charged with a crime your poor baby I hope she has healed OK.

Return to “CPS Investigations”