rights of step father?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

tujungarocket

rights of step father?

Postby tujungarocket » Thu May 08, 2008 2:50 pm

I have been living together with my girlfriend and 5 year old for almost 5 years.We lived in an apartment for 2 years and now at a home I own for the past 2 1/2 years.I have been with the 5 year old every day and we are very close.I have taught him how to use a computer and we spend alot of time playing catch.He is learning to read and write and doing fine.Recently on a false accusation made to cps by phone.cps workers came to house and abducted the child.made a report of complete lies and we had to go to court.At the court hearing I was ordered out of the room by the judge by request of cps.The child is now at a relative of my girlfriend.She is fighting case and filing affidavidives and motions.What can I do What rights do I have.I have been his father for about 5 years now and alot of the case revolves around me.I can dispute all the lies in report but I am not even allowed in court.Do I have rights under the 1 4 6 and 13th Amendments.Can anyone suggest a course of action for me the next court date is 10 days from now.
I am the step father of a 5 year old in the first court apperance i was told to leave the court room.I have been liiving together with mother and child for 5 years the last 3 in a house i own.what can i do at this point .do i have rights due process or anything else.need help or advice

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Sat May 10, 2008 10:12 am

you didnt give much information but no matter. You are guilty until proven innocent and it is impossible to be proven innocent. Your best bet is to read my post about "its been 3yrs" and make up your mind that today is the best day to start a new life. The more time you give them to dominante your life, the more psychological damage is done and in the end you can never be what you were and will find it increasingly harder to get a grip on your life. The fight they want to steal from you you will not get back and it is the fight you need to get through the rest of your life.

antichristJanRoberta

Re: rights of step father?

Postby antichristJanRoberta » Sun May 11, 2008 7:57 am

First of all the DCF cannot and I say cannot come into anyones home/residence without the parents permission, this is a LAW of the state. Second the DCF cannot even start to investigate a case from a phone call,the person who made this phone call accusing you of child abuse has to go to the DCF office and file a WRITTEN report and have a "investigator" read it sign it then fax it to the state police. I know this because my case is almost exactly similar to yours. I lived with my girlfriends 5 year old son taught him to play baseball,found neighborhood friends to play with him and just tried to be a father figure until someone at my girlfriends work called the dcf and said she heard a RUMOR that I was hitting her son. I called a lawyer and he told me that the person who makes the call has to go down to the office and file a written report. If the DCF did not do this in your case then they simply have no case and broke there 1st rule,sue them if they came into a home and took the child,this law breaking tactic is called Seizure. Example: My girlfriend told the DCF of Connecticut never ever to go into her sons school and pull him out of class to ask him "questions".The DCF agreed and I was told by a dcf lawyer that if a dcf worker does go into that school and pull him out without the mothers permission that this is against the law,which it is. Well, a dcf worker did go to the school and took him out of class twice without the mother or fathers consent,this is called Seizure which will be brought up at the court when my girlfriend goes to get her parental rights back. They also falsified dates,told me that state troopers were coming after me,I never was arrested and even called the state troopers office and asked them if I had a warrent they said NO. Anyway,the injustice goes on and on and just take a look at this web site look how many people have similar unjustices done to them 1000-10000-10000-1000000 people in one web site,and the dcf is going to tell me that they are helping children,give me a break! The people in Legislation must Open your eyes and stop sweeping the dcf's injustices under the rug. Good luck and know your rights,we do have rights. Keep Fighting. Frank
The DCF of Norwich,Connecticut has found me guilty of sexual abuse from a 5 yr old. I am innocent and need all the help I can get.Seizure, coercion, hersay??

jaslken

Postby jaslken » Wed May 28, 2008 2:25 pm

Unfortunately in NJ anyone can call the Hotline and remain anonymous when making a abuse allegation... no one knows who the caller is except DYFS.... in NJ they routinely go into schools and take children out of class to "investigate" abuse... according to there regulations... this is allowed!!!

Return to “CPS Investigations”