I Don't Know What To Do!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

let1959

I Don't Know What To Do!

Postby let1959 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:40 am

I posted on the "Newcomers" page a little while back and had some advice given to me. I took the advice and started asking questions, etc. I just got off the phone with the Commissioners Office in Nashville and was told that I had no rights to any findings in my sons case even though I am the Paternal grandmother. That my son was found to be a "severe child abuser" and that I was in denial! What happened between my son and his son was an accident and CPS is railroading him into signing over his parental rights or divorce his wife in order for her to get their son back! How can they do that??? I was also told that I had no rights to gain custody of my grandson to get him out of foster care since my son has been found to be a severe child abuser. He didn't hurt his son on purpose. He is an inexperienced young man that believed he would be helping his wife by bathing the baby and the child was hurt...but not to the extent of being on life support or permanent injury. I'm livid and I can't believe I haven't any rights in this case. Tennessee is as crooked as them come when it comes to CPS. I've been thinking about writing an article in the newspaper and starting a bunch of !@#$! How dare that woman tell me I haven't any rights! Only negative comments were allowed in the hearing but the positive ones he would have to pay for! WHAT? Who the hell do these people think they are? :evil: :cry:

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 pm

"Who the hell do these people think they are?" the answer to that question is easy ...GOD
Somebody is giving you bad info keep climbing the chain of command .. You do have rights more rights to that baby than foster care does.
Placement must go
1) family member
2) next closest thing to family
3) foster care or temp shelter

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 pm

File your own petition for custody in court. Call the clerk of the family court, and the next higher court if necessary, and find out what and where to do it. There are forms, fees, etc. Then the judge will order social services to do an evaluation, etc.

jaslken

Postby jaslken » Wed May 28, 2008 2:04 pm

I know in Jersey you can file a motion to intervene or something as a grandparent irregardless of whom your child is... I think the judge can grant the motion as long as the offending parent, in this case your son, does not live in the home with you... check it out in your state

Return to “CPS Investigations”