What happened when we went to trial

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Dazeemay

What happened when we went to trial

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:37 am

I will relate what happened to us when we went to trial and would not "submit" to their allegations. Let me tell you right off this was costly and time consuming in our case.

Also, our case started because mom wanted a 2nd opinion and thought she had the right to go to another dr. as her current dr. wanted her to take our granddaughter to a "head shrink". Also, she was too involved in our granddaughters sickness hence, Munchausen accusation. Current dr. called cps because she couldn't face the fact that she could not diagnose the problem.

Our case had to do with a rare genetic disease in our family. I will not go into detail about this but, when the Drs. found this out Medicaid chased my daughter and granddaughter to one Dr. after another who knew nothing of this disease. They did not want to pay for the exspensive medicine needed to treat our granddaughter. We were told our Congressman could have spoke into the Medicaid issue (he couldn't with cps; big cop out for Senators and Congressman). Had we known we would have went to him for this issue.

Hence, to make a long story short CPS came in and accused our daughter of Medical Neglect. There was a big mix up with the Medicaid Office and it showed on computer that our daughter did not update her Medicaid for granddaughter. Hmmm! Did someone in the office destroy her update? It looked suspicious to us. They had been watching and waiting to trip up our daughter up after she signed a plan to keep our granddaughters medical appointments and medicaid up to date.

I will not go into great detail here about the hearings just that it was continuance after continuance, etc. Their lawyers would quit and they would have to find new lawyers. They ended up with the Assistant Attorney General being their lawyer. Not a very good legal move on their part. The judge we had took a 3 month leave for judges meetings. We could have had another judge but, we felt this judge was fair and honest and did not want to risk the chance of another judge coming into the middle of it all.

Note; you never know what is going to happen to string out your trial and one must be prepared for this emotionally and financially

We went to trial. Our daughter would not "submit" to their foundless accusations. She knew and was confident she would be exonerated. However, in looking back, if we had had any other judge I don't know if she would have been exonerated.

We proved Medical Neglect wrong; Daughter had the paper work that she had updated Medicaid. She also had all paper work from Medicaid directing her to the different drs.

Next Accusations; Abandonment, Munchausen. All proved wrong by paper work from drs. and doing our Objections/Corrections.

Next Accusation; Daughter had no financial stability (she was forced to quit her job due to accusations and time consuming hearings and trial). Proved them wrong again by showing that she had a job but, had to quit because of their accusations.

Next Accusation; Daughter had no place to live. Daughter had a home in Idaho where her new job was; and rented an apt in our city and state to fight accusations. All proved by showing rental papers.

Next Accusation; Daughter was Pyschologically Unstable. Passed their mumble, jumble tests. But, psychologist knew she meant business when she said she would sue him if he made false accusations to the court.

This took 9 months for us to win. We spent a total of $80,000.00; $70,000.00 of our own money and $10,000.00 of a friends money to help us out.

Did we have the money to pay for this? No!! We maxed out credit cards of which we are still paying off.

Would we do this again? Yes!! Our granddaughters life was at stake.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

reach4thestars86

Re: What happened when we went to trial

Postby reach4thestars86 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:38 pm

aww. I wish you were my mother. LOL. My familly doesn't think like that. They love me to death and know the accusations are false (for the most part) but will not put a second mortgage on their house, etc to help. BUT..I take off my hat to you and your family. I'm barely..by a single thread..hanging on and my kids were taken in Sept. and I'm begging and refusing to go on any longer without them. I need them back right after this hearing. This should have never happened and cps illegaly took them from the beginning..like they apparently do many families. I complied with everything but they still took them. I fixed the "problem" at the house but they didn't care. But what I'm amazed with is all the different accusations they had on you throughout the whole day! Like..how the hell can they do that? I know cps cps cps. but still...that's insane!

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Sorry, I should have put the length of time we spent.......
But what I'm amazed with is all the different accusations they had on you throughout the whole day!

Our trial lasted 9 months. They made motions on the different accusations; which, when we proved one accusation wrong they would make another accusation and file another motion on that accusation.

Even though we won my daughters name was still recorded on the State Registry as unsubtantiated and her name could not be removed for 7 yrs.

The "beast" gets you coming and going.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:32 am

Thanks for letting us know how your trial went, about all the delays and false accusations.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

godshot

Postby godshot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:57 pm

WE have an xparte dependancy hearing tomorrow, and my lawyer just told me that CPS made an offer. What does this mean? Does this mean they don't want to go to trial so I can show the judge how terrible these people are?

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:57 pm

This is according to the Texas handbook on exparte. Not knowing your case this is the only thing I found.

It doesn't mean they don't want to go to trial; CPS tries to keep parent/s under their thumb by various methods.

Is your lawyer court appointed?

5211 Ex Parte Temporary Protective Orders
CPS 98-1

Law

[Immediate protection under the law may be available] if the court finds from the information contained in an [protective order] application that there is a clear and present danger of family violence. Without giving further notice to any other member of the family or household and without a hearing, [the court] may enter a temporary ex parte order for the protection of member[s] of the family or the household.

Texas Family Code §83.001(a) (Brackets added.)

Duration. A temporary ex parte order is valid for the period specified in the order, not to exceed 20 days. . . . On the request of the applicant or on the court's own motion, a temporary ex parte order may be extended for additional 20-day periods.

Texas Family Code §83.002(a),(b)

Content. Under TFC, §85.021 and §85.022, a court can impose many types of constraint and require many kinds of action to protect a child from abuse under a protective court order.

Texas Family Code §§85.021, 85.022

Examples: The court may prohibit a person from going to the child's residence, child-care facility, or school, or from communicating with the child directly. The court may also order a person to complete a batterer's treatment program if a program is available, or if a program is not available, to attend counseling.

Duration. [A protective order] is effective for the period specified in the order, not to exceed one year. If the order does not specify [an effective] period . . . the order expires one year after [being] issued.

Texas Family Code §85.025 (Brackets added.)

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Read this for your 5th amendment rights. Be sure to read the whole thing.

http://www.answers.com/topic/ex-parte

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:01 am

CPS made an offer? Of what? They probably want you to sign a guilty plea so there will be no trial and they won't have to prove anything. Maybe your lawyer doesn't want to bother with a trial (even if you're innocent) and will advise you to sign the plea. This will probably lock you into a year of services, minimum.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Cheryl

Postby Cheryl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:30 am

Only 1 year? I would sign absolutely nothing. If they are "making an offer" it is beause the supervisor of that CPS office knows the worker did not bring forward a solid enough case. It is their last chance to keep the case going. Been there, done that. We said "the only offer we'll accept, is for CPS to give our grandkids to us permenantly, close the case, and leave any family reunification plan to us, without interference." They said no, we proceeded with our notice of claim to sue. I reminded them that while the state will get $550,000 to adopt out our grandkids, we are suing for $12 million. Kiss the half million goodbye, and then some. CPS being controled by the state budget and the DES, so our proposition as "acceptable" suddenly. We still sued and are hoping to finalize a settlement soon. I don't care how broke this state is, I will not accept an I.O.U.

imnotafatgrl

Postby imnotafatgrl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:00 am

Cheryl,
please let me know some of what is going on i am fixing to go head to head with cps yet again. i have been falsely accused and my oldest has been interviewed multiple times and every time we get the case closed they bring another "anonymous tip" to us. I followed my lawyers orders and when they came this time denied them entry or contact with my kids and then they got a court order to remove them....here's the cincher they used the fact that i had had dealings with cps before as a viable excuse to remove my children. anyhow i would like to know how you are faring.

KDus

Postby KDus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:20 pm

imnotafatgrl wrote:Cheryl,
please let me know some of what is going on i am fixing to go head to head with cps yet again. i have been falsely accused and my oldest has been interviewed multiple times and every time we get the case closed they bring another "anonymous tip" to us. I followed my lawyers orders and when they came this time denied them entry or contact with my kids and then they got a court order to remove them....here's the cincher they used the fact that i had had dealings with cps before as a viable excuse to remove my children. anyhow i would like to know how you are faring.

Not legal advice:
Jurisdiction ends at the county line. At some point between the case closure and the detention order, you could have moved the kids out of the county. That will get you a bench warrant. It will be a civil warrant. Some civil warrants are arrestable, some not. Worst case, you show up and get contempt of court. Your kids remain safe and you never bring them back into the county.
If I could go back, I would gladly do 30, 60, even 90 days to avoid the pain, sorrow, and sadness I see in my kids at visits.

KDus

Postby KDus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:46 pm

An order was made, in my case, today. I don't even know what it is yet.
over 5 months. The trial was spread out over 2 weeks, a couple hours at a time. It was "out of order". We heard testimony first and the judge didn't rule on any motions until today. It was definitely worth going to trial. Their case mostly fell apart when their star whitness, reporting party, sounded literally insane.
We suspect we'll get some small accusation sustained so that the whole system can justify keeping kids for 5 months.

Kahallsmalls

Postby Kahallsmalls » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Cheryl wrote:Only 1 year? I would sign absolutely nothing. If they are "making an offer" it is beause the supervisor of that CPS office knows the worker did not bring forward a solid enough case. It is their last chance to keep the case going. Been there, done that. We said "the only offer we'll accept, is for CPS to give our grandkids to us permenantly, close the case, and leave any family reunification plan to us, without interference." They said no, we proceeded with our notice of claim to sue. I reminded them that while the state will get $550,000 to adopt out our grandkids, we are suing for $12 million. Kiss the half million goodbye, and then some. CPS being controled by the state budget and the DES, so our proposition as "acceptable" suddenly. We still sued and are hoping to finalize a settlement soon. I don't care how broke this state is, I will not accept an I.O.U.

Did you go public with your story? Are you winning at sueing them?

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:16 am

Cheryl wrote:I reminded them that while the state will get $550,000 to adopt out our grandkids, we are suing for $12 million.

Cheryl, where did you get the $550K figure? I am trying to figure out how much CPS brings in, per child, but I'm having a hard time finding the information. Any leads to official sources would be greatly appreciated.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:12 pm

I also would like information on this, thanks
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

jgio1959

Postby jgio1959 » Sun May 22, 2011 8:21 am

Cheryl wrote:Only 1 year? I would sign absolutely nothing. If they are "making an offer" it is beause the supervisor of that CPS office knows the worker did not bring forward a solid enough case. It is their last chance to keep the case going. Been there, done that. We said "the only offer we'll accept, is for CPS to give our grandkids to us permenantly, close the case, and leave any family reunification plan to us, without interference." They said no, we proceeded with our notice of claim to sue. I reminded them that while the state will get $550,000 to adopt out our grandkids, we are suing for $12 million. Kiss the half million goodbye, and then some. CPS being controled by the state budget and the DES, so our proposition as "acceptable" suddenly. We still sued and are hoping to finalize a settlement soon. I don't care how broke this state is, I will not accept an I.O.U.

Cheryl we adopted our 3 or my wifes brothers children from Arizona a few years ago we our living in Texas and the CPS is on the war path here many schools here call cps when children come to school with marks on april 12 2011 the little one 8yrs left to school with her brother at 730am nothing wrong at 2oopm the Cps was call to that school they took the children 20 miles away and and call my wife and told us to met them at the cps building and bring the other 2 children take them out of school when we got there the police interagated my wife for 8 hrs without the case worker they said my wife hit her and she had a bump of her left forehead ,why did they wait almost 6hrs after she went to school she told us that a child in school pull her chair and she hit her head on the desk we sign a paper to place them Temp removel with a freind for 14days under duress because the cps lady bitch said if we did,nt they take them anyway she also stated that she hit her head on a desk in front of two of our freinds and the case worker but she said if you fall backwards how would you get a bump on your forehead i wrote a reply that the case worker was not there hown does she know she was not there if you cut 3 trees down they never fall the same way . I would like to sue maybe you can help me get started also 8 days later the police came to get a backscatcher and a rolling pin from my house with no warrent I don't know how that came into play but I feel they coach my nices into that stoyry anyway theyput them in casa place after the 14days being with freinds we went to court on the 13th of may 2011 next court date june 23 no charges filed on my wife I don't what happen all in court all i heard was casa did'nt want the court to move the children because they is just a few weeks of school left was the judge going order them back to us we don't know but he agree with this casa group not to move them because of school almost over i wrote to state Senator and all 32 congressman in Texas all complait to CPS the OCR also the FBI the AG in Washington DC violation of 4th 14th amendent 42 USC 1983-1985 usc 18 1203 and a few more but I want to start a civil sue my lawyer said good luck any input

mdebski32

Postby mdebski32 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:01 pm

THis is what gets me their logic is so backward!!

How can one be medical neglect and munchausen at the same time??

THe fact that your daughter is on medicaid and needs expensive medication for her daughter
but your attorney cost were $80,000 is absurd. If the state cared then they would let you spend that money on her medical
care and not waste it on attorney fees. GRR. I just hate the "logic" of the state.

ridingmare

Postby ridingmare » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:10 pm

What is the out come, and Im just getting started but following thur to sue.

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Dazeemay wrote:I will relate what happened to us when we went to trial and would not "submit" to their allegations. Let me tell you right off this was costly and time consuming in our case.

Also, our case started because mom wanted a 2nd opinion and thought she had the right to go to another dr. as her current dr. wanted her to take our granddaughter to a "head shrink". Also, she was too involved in our granddaughters sickness hence, Munchausen accusation. Current dr. called cps because she couldn't face the fact that she could not diagnose the problem.

Our case had to do with a rare genetic disease in our family. I will not go into detail about this but, when the Drs. found this out Medicaid chased my daughter and granddaughter to one Dr. after another who knew nothing of this disease. They did not want to pay for the exspensive medicine needed to treat our granddaughter. We were told our Congressman could have spoke into the Medicaid issue (he couldn't with cps; big cop out for Senators and Congressman). Had we known we would have went to him for this issue.

Hence, to make a long story short CPS came in and accused our daughter of Medical Neglect. There was a big mix up with the Medicaid Office and it showed on computer that our daughter did not update her Medicaid for granddaughter. Hmmm! Did someone in the office destroy her update? It looked suspicious to us. They had been watching and waiting to trip up our daughter up after she signed a plan to keep our granddaughters medical appointments and medicaid up to date.

I will not go into great detail here about the hearings just that it was continuance after continuance, etc. Their lawyers would quit and they would have to find new lawyers. They ended up with the Assistant Attorney General being their lawyer. Not a very good legal move on their part. The judge we had took a 3 month leave for judges meetings. We could have had another judge but, we felt this judge was fair and honest and did not want to risk the chance of another judge coming into the middle of it all.

Note; you never know what is going to happen to string out your trial and one must be prepared for this emotionally and financially

We went to trial. Our daughter would not "submit" to their foundless accusations. She knew and was confident she would be exonerated. However, in looking back, if we had had any other judge I don't know if she would have been exonerated.

We proved Medical Neglect wrong; Daughter had the paper work that she had updated Medicaid. She also had all paper work from Medicaid directing her to the different drs.

Next Accusations; Abandonment, Munchausen. All proved wrong by paper work from drs. and doing our Objections/Corrections.

Next Accusation; Daughter had no financial stability (she was forced to quit her job due to accusations and time consuming hearings and trial). Proved them wrong again by showing that she had a job but, had to quit because of their accusations.

Next Accusation; Daughter had no place to live. Daughter had a home in Idaho where her new job was; and rented an apt in our city and state to fight accusations. All proved by showing rental papers.

Next Accusation; Daughter was Pyschologically Unstable. Passed their mumble, jumble tests. But, psychologist knew she meant business when she said she would sue him if he made false accusations to the court.

This took 9 months for us to win. We spent a total of $80,000.00; $70,000.00 of our own money and $10,000.00 of a friends money to help us out.

Did we have the money to pay for this? No!! We maxed out credit cards of which we are still paying off.

Would we do this again? Yes!! Our granddaughters life was at stake.

Wow.
First - congrats to you!
Second....reading through that list of accusations/charges/allegations gives me the royal heebie-jeebies...
(like warding off circling sharks with a bleeding foot...)
The one that kicked me like a workhorse though.....was the accusation of being jobless - when their accusation in the
first place causes someone to lose, or otherwise have to give up a job.
I just don't understand...in today's economy, why that wouldn't be grounds all in itself for a major lawsuit.
Another example of their sick, displaced power, I suppose.
I'm mighty glad you won. And yes, it would have been worth every penny, wouldn't it?
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:51 pm

mdebski32 wrote:THis is what gets me their logic is so backward!!

How can one be medical neglect and munchausen at the same time??

THe fact that your daughter is on medicaid and needs expensive medication for her daughter
but your attorney cost were $80,000 is absurd. If the state cared then they would let you spend that money on her medical
care and not waste it on attorney fees. GRR. I just hate the "logic" of the state.

Yes indeed - if we could only find out how they cook their books, we could blow them sky-higher than Enron.
That's the trouble - all that secret money that gets traded around through the system.
I wonder....if the Honorable Senator Nancy Schaefer had inside info, and paid dearly for her troubles?

(there has to be big money in it lining someone's pockets somewhere...) I figure that's how all that legislation
got piled on to protect them, no doubt. Endless lines of pawns.
The state has no logic. It just has bureaucratic quicksand.
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

Gdebski35

Postby Gdebski35 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 pm

The state has no logic. It just has bureaucratic quicksand

Yes ive noticed that not only does the state have no logic but neither do the providers they use to substantiate their cases. Almost all the people working for or with cps have similar type of evidence. They use the facts; especially the ones that are obviously in your favor as a way to "prove" their charges. It is absurd to say the least. I have recently been accused of physical neglect according to the state it is because my child had a blood and urine test done both of which were negative for any drugs but just because there was a test for it and that the doctors did the test is where they are saying that it proves an indication of having the drug in the child's system. it doesnt matter to them that the blood and urine test results were all negative. they even repeated it and still negative; based on these negative results my child was kidnapped from the hospital and given to foster carers. where the true physical neglect began. not even three days later as they took a perfectly healthy child but three days later he had a rash on his bottom that looked like a burn with red marks on his penis that looked like bed bug bites or something worse. also he lost weight and was withdrawn. THe doctor lied and said that my child was in imminent danger of DEATH if he was placed back in my care. what a load of crap.He was in more danger while with the foster carer and in cps's hands than with any one else; including me. You can't even trust doctors to do the right thing anymore.
Parents, please before choosing a hospital to take your child to, first find out if they have child abuse advisers on the pediatric floor as a salaried employee. If so .. RUN out of that hospital and go straight to any one that does not use these practices. these doctors are HIRED to find neglect and abuse in the cases that DCF/CPS or the hospital itself request of them. If they do not find the neglect they are looking for then they would be out of a job. These are pediatricians who are paid by the state to be in the hospitals to look for borderline cases so they can steal kids from good homes, I am sickened that Yale is one of these hospitals but we should have some kind of a list by state of which hospitals practice this and which ones do not. or at least list all the ones that do this so we can avoid these lying predators just like we would any other threat to our child.

truthforus

Postby truthforus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:35 pm

I seen a lot of ppl posting here. I don't know what else to do. I know something can be done. I have contacted the nc state governer just now. Don't know if I will hear back. All lawyers will not do my case or they don't travel to my county. I called the state dss and human services like it said on this website. I am trying to request the state admin hearing on cps. Human services told me to get it from dss offie in my county. I recorded the whole thing. They told me there was no such thing. They only gave me a complaint paper. The state of nc dss office told me I had no right to a hearing!!!!! She said no lawyer would represent me because it was unheard of to take dss to court! No one will act like a state admin hearing even exists! The first person I talked to at human services told me that dss should have known exactly what I was talking about but when someone called me back it was compltely different story. Dss has not took my children yet. They were called because of charges pressed against my hubby and allowed kids to be around my hubby until after he was found not guilty they tell me he can't be around them or they will take my kids! And they have no court orders and I've begged them to take us to court and they won't! And no one will let me take them to court! Please someone help me! I need facts on admin hearing how I can get one. Everyone in my county tells me I don't have a right to a hearing and that kind of hearing doesn't exist!!!!!

FedupwithCPS2

Postby FedupwithCPS2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:53 am

Wow, I am floored at all of the accusations. I am glad that things went in your daughter's favor. I can only pray for the same for everyone else who is wrongly accused by the judicial system and the wrongful tactics that they portray. You are a wonderful Mom and did a wonderful thing to help out your daughter. I would post your story to GoFundMe.com and hopefully you will get some financial help from people who have the means to help and see the wrong doing that was done to your family. HUGS!

Return to “CPS Investigations”