Need advice asap please

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mapthorp0711

Need advice asap please

Postby mapthorp0711 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 am

our names are melanie and timothy apthorp.
we have a story to explain to you guys and tell you about, dealing with Washington state CPS.
we had our 6 month old taken from us back in October on no reasonable ground but of the statement of it was not fair.
see, my husband has a 2 year old daughter with another woman and she came over to mine and my husbands house with bruising
on her face, next to her left eye. Us, thinking we were doing what was best called CPS on her mother. Thinking something may
be going on over at her residence. now, the 2 year olds mother has a 5 month old with her current boyfriend and when CPS
took the 2 year old into protective custody they took her youngest baby as well. that resulted in a medical check up of
our 6 month old daughter. she passed with flying colors and the cps investigator decided to take her into custody as well.
stating the reason being because it was not fair to the 2 year olds mother to have both her kids taken and not ours. tell
me this isn't right and that something should be done. my 6 month old daughter checked out 100% and they still take her. with
no logical reasoning besides what is fair. having someones child taken due to reasons being "unfair" was strictly unfair to
us. we did nothing wrong and we were trying to do what was right and try to figure out what was happening to my husbands 2
year old daughter. in the end the state turns it against us.
Now the state is getting us for 700 dollars in child support and causing us to not be able to afford our apartment or anything
at that. we have no money for lawyers for our cases and we apparently make too much to have one appointed for us.
our court date is December 4th and we have yet to save any money due to trying to keep a roof over our heads.
we want our kids back and were trying everything we can and its just putting us in a deeper hole. we have also been told we are
unable to move due to conflict of interest for the both of us. if this is true we will lose everything including our cars, apartment
and our kids at that. all we want is for our kids back with us and our families. we just don't know what to do anymore.
is there any way you can help get our story out there or give advice as to leading us in the right direction?
please, anyone. its sincerely needed and appreciated from everyone who tries or gives advice.
We just want our kids back.

Thank You,
Melanie Apthorp
email: [email protected]
[email protected]
please put topic if replying by email.

Eljay

Re: Need advice asap please

Postby Eljay » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 pm

mapthorp0711 wrote:our names are melanie and timothy apthorp.
we have a story to explain to you guys and tell you about, dealing with Washington state CPS.
we had our 6 month old taken from us back in October on no reasonable ground but of the statement of it was not fair.
see, my husband has a 2 year old daughter with another woman and she came over to mine and my husbands house with bruising
on her face, next to her left eye. Us, thinking we were doing what was best called CPS on her mother.

I hope you realize now that calling CPS is probably the LAST thing you should have done. Did you even ASK the child????? Did you ask mom?

stating the reason being because it was not fair to the 2 year olds mother to have both her kids taken and not ours. tell
me this isn't right and that something should be done.

This isn't right. Have you been to court yet? Get your papers out and look at the petition for custody and tell me what state code they listed as to the reason they were taking custody of your child.

we have no money for lawyers for our cases and we apparently make too much to have one appointed for us.

Apparently???? Call the court, ask to speak to their finance or funding person and ask EXACTLY what the dollar amount is that qualifies you for a CAA. In Los Angeles, it's like $141,000/yr so if you're on the verge of homelessness, I'm guessing somebody is lying.

we have also been told we are
unable to move due to conflict of interest for the both of us.

This is the second time this month that someone has completely misused the phrase "conflict of interest" ... that doesn't make any grammatical sense. Call your caseworker and write down everything he/she says when you ask, "please tell me why it is that we can move." If you don't completely, 100% understand what they are telling you, ask them to explain further. Then come back here and tell us what was said.

Erase your last names... you need to protect your identity/anonymity so that your case worker doesn't print out what you're putting on the internet and submit it to court.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “Announcements”