how can this be?

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Jojo2

how can this be?

Postby Jojo2 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Cps has vacated my daughters life and they closed the case. She has been put in permanent guardianship with her granny. They never offered me services they never gave any financial aid to granny. The day before the hearing I signed temp. Guardianship and power of attorney over to granny but they moved in anyway. What I'm getting at is where did the money go for my daughter? To this day granny has not seen a dime. Also the social worker( jack Rodgers of contracostacounty) is the defendant in a law suit that "accuses" him of allowing children to stay in the home of an admitted and now convicted child molester. This is the social worker that was in charge of my daughters case. I tried to have him removed . I was denied. how can he be practicing social service?? It kills me. My court appionted lawyer at the time said that we cant have him removed because they were just allegations!! Well they took my daughter on just allegations. The case that he allowed sexual abuse to go on for over 2 decades is out of Antioch ca. Its the "Dutro" case. There are also some Antioch police officers and some Calvery church officials named in law suit.

monkette31

Re: how can this be?

Postby monkette31 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 am

Hi Jojo, Sorry for the late reply. It sounds like maybe at the hearing they just went ahead and made guardianship permanent, county submitted, meaning they agreed with the guardianship and that is that. I think if she had went through the court system, there was an enormous chance that the child(ren) could have been taken into foster care and adopted out to strangers, breaking your family tree completely and you could have lost grandchild forever.

Thank-you for the information on Contra Costa County. Can you tell me anything else regarding her case? I mean, they (DCFS) opened an investigation and did they at all take custody of the child at any time? Did she sign anything called a voluntary maintenance plan or service plan? A safety plan? And as far as the hearing goes, what was the name of the hearing? Detention hearing?

I believe that grandma doesn't get any money if the county did not have custody, legal or physical during the investigation. The good thing about guardianship is that grandma can do anything she wants without cps being involved. My advise is to move them both out of the county, if you expect them to come back into the child's life for any reason. I'm suprised at this message, actually, as the counties that I deal with (mostly LA county) are just drooling for the situation you described, so that they can take custody for financial benefit. To hear of a county that didn't do this, amazes me.

If she had a court ordered case plan at any point, then something is really fishy.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Announcements”