need advice

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

tracy42078616

need advice

Postby tracy42078616 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Cps wants me to take a hair follicle test because she received a report that me and my child's father were doing drugs. I will be honest if i was to take this test i would fail because it goes back 90 days. I have been clean for 70 days and yes i know being a parent i should not be doing drug's i am not perfect and i am working towards being a better person as well as a parent. I have always ran away from my problems or tried to numb the pain so i wouldn't feel the hurt of whatever i was going through at tthat moment in my life. I have learned to deal with my problems not run away or coverthem up. I am sober now and intend to stay that way but if i take this test i will test ppositive so my question is do i refuse the test or do i tell the social worker i will be positive and open the door for cps to have me under the microscope for hhowever longthey cchoose and possibly have my son taken from me.

LindaJM

Re: need advice

Postby LindaJM » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Sorry, but I can't advise you on how to handle this. You really need a lawyer in your local area to advise you on what to do. Chances are that if you don't submit to the test you'll be considered guilty. If you do submit, you'll be guilty. But an attorney might be able to make the social worker back off and stop trying to get evidence without a court order.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Announcements”