PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sgarcia0507

PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS

Postby sgarcia0507 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:24 pm

My 6 year old daughter was taken from me last Thursday (9/25/14) when I went to the hospital. CPS went to her school and took her into foster care. The next day Friday, i was still in the hospital so I had to talk over the phone, and my whole family was there at some meeting to get my daughter back. CPS said that we could have her back! Come to find out that my daughter's real father was there. He has not been a part of her life for 5 out of her 6 years! He gave up all custody and visitation and has not seen her since! We all freaked out! They told us that because I'm under "investigation" she will be placed with her real father whom she doesn't even know! We all couldn't stop crying. He IS a horrible abusive person and we are all scared for her well being. CPS never filed anything within 72 hours, after 72 hours I said I want her to come home immediately! They said that the 72 hour rule doesn't apply because she was placed with a "parent". I couldn't stop crying! She then told me I can see my daughter for only 2 hours on Thursday. When she came walking through the door at the CPS office, I fell to my knees and screamed her name...it was as if she didn't even recognize me, like she has seen a ghost...she told me that "they said you were sick and never coming home". Oh my heart...she begged to come home even asked CPS if she could go home now. They were so mean to her. My poor daughter...being completely emotionally abused...I got a call from my daughter school saying that someone was trying to enroll her in another school, she asked for the custody paperwork because I has one on file already and he stated that he didn't have one. I have searched in every courthouse juvenile and family, there is and never was issued a temp custody order for my daughter. And niether has a dependency action been filed. Is it legal for them to keep my daughter?! I filed an emergency petition with the family court to stay our of juvenile court to "enforce the current child custody order" because nothing has been filed against me! But from what I keep hearing is that once the judge orders my daughter back CPS has ANOTHER 72 hours to file a dependency against me?! I need answers please someone help! Is what they are doing legal?!

Return to “Announcements”