New membership change

Forum announcements and event postings here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LindaJM

New membership change

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:00 pm

As of today I will be approving all new site memberships.

The reason why is that a lot of people have problems with the email verification membership process. Sometimes their verification emails get rejected by spam checkers and they never receive them.

I'm also hoping to prevent more spammers from getting access to the board by doing the approvals myself.

Also occasionally I get email from new members who get automated emails saying they are banned (probably because someone else in their ip area was banned in the past)... and I want to make sure that the people who need and deserve membership here get it.

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

shadowandmya

please help me, this is my first post ever, I'm lost.

Postby shadowandmya » Sat May 22, 2010 1:09 am

PLEASE HELP! My little boy (8 years old) was given to my ex-husband last week after my very first run-in with CFS.
I have raised my little guy his whole life, with him being with me under “primary custody” for 10 months out of the year, and then reluctantly going to stay with his father and his girlfriend for roughly 2 months during the summer, all of which I hold my breathe everyday my son is safe and being cared for properly.
My ex-husband has NEVER paid any child support, which has been hard on us but we’ve always gotten by with help from my family, parents and friends. Nor has my son’s father (aka. Ex-husband) showed up for any of the many multiple parent/teacher conferences I have set up, so he could see what his son’s school or classroom looked like, no fieldtrips, plays, assembly’s, sports, programs, events and the list goes on and on. I though have happily been at ALL of them, and I live for my son, love him more than life itself and just totally enjoy doing fun things with him like school events and just taking him places, etc…..
But I had a very terrible thing happen to me, I was supposed to get surgery last week and a friend of mine (not my friend anymore) sent me “what he thought” was vicodin through the mail. I had absolutely no idea he as even sending anything like that in “what he called” a care-package, nor did I even know it was illegal to do so, let alone had NO idea a package was even coming period until after he sent it and still didn’t know the major life changes things that would happen to my son and I last week Thursday.
The cops came to my home when the package arrived, I was completely honest and forth-coming with every single thing they asked me (I have never in my life ever been in trouble or arrested or really have even known anyone who has)…..
The cops were super mean to me, they lounged around in my home, drinking sodas and eating food out of my fridge and kitchen, putting their feet up on my coffee table while kicking back on my furniture and flipped through the channels on my TV, they snooped around, took 200 dollars out of my purse, then told me if I didn’t tell the truth about everything they asked me I would go to jail.
I told them whatever they wanted (and the complete truth) I was also extremely scarred and unknowledgeable about what was really actually taking place, and because I didn’t know my rights, or my rights period, they didn’t have a search warrant, they didn’t read me my rights, and they still ended up sending me to jail because they were convinced and/or disappointed there wasn’t more to my story, but sadly, I told them the truth 110% and they just didn’t believe me or care.
In the mean time, I was beyond utterly devastated, confused and horrified, they asked me if I had a child, and like I had been all along, I said yes, and then they asked where he was…..so I said he was at school, I was told so many things throughout the whole process that was false, I just couldn’t keep up, all my paperwork was incorrect, and then in between the 100 things that were lies and greatly exaggerated versions of the truth, I was told by a very control crazed female jailer that she had just spoken to my father, (who used to be a state cop) and that my little boy was with his godmother “my best-friend” and he was safe and I didn’t have to worry about him, and that it was all taken care of.
I was relieved but still beyond worried and desperate to get out of jail (well, it was a single holding cell at a sheriffs station) but still…..I was just so worried about my son.
When I was finally released from the station, I was horrified to see that my best friend, the one who was supposed to have my son, hadn’t, and that the unthinkable had happened.
The cop who took my information actually called Child Family Services and had my son picked up from school, and my little boy thought he was being kidnapped and the social worker told my son his mom was in jail for doing something bad.
My son then was placed in temporary foster care at a home in a “not-so-good” neighborhood, and I couldn’t even talk to him at first at all or even know where he was.
I had a meeting then with the social worker, I told the complete truth, and she manipulated me into giving her all sorts of information, even stuff about when I was in college over 14 years ago and longer.
Well, she ended up asking me for basically everyone I knew phone numbers, and I gave them, just as I did and gave and was as truthful and cooperative the whole time. So, with that information, she then proceeded to call everyone, including my ex-husband who for the first time in his life, finally got the opportunity to see me be in a weak compromising situation, and he reviled in it.
So, when she told him the day of court, which was on a Tuesday morning because this all happened on the Thursday before, he decided he’d then drive all the way from Phoenix AZ to Los Angeles, and for the first time after never coming to a million and one things regarding his son, he came, and because the court had “beyond a reasonable doubt” that the package could have been purposely ordered or whatever by me, or that just the fact that my NAME was on their record paperwork with the word “drugs”, they decided to then release my son to his father, therefore him NOT being able to finish out his 2nd grade school year at the school he loves, with all his friends, we had so many plans to do great things, etc, and my ex told his court appointed lawyer in which he then told the judge (who by the way I couldn’t speak or anything in this awful judge/court situation, that he had already enrolled my son in a school there where he would then finish out the rest of his 2nd grade there right? Well, NO he didn’t, he lied and they didn’t even check him out, drug test him or care.
I know my ex does drugs and it upsets me so badly that my son isn’t in school, he’s missing so much and he already has a learning disability in which I had him enrolled in an IEP and things were going great with that, he was really happy.
So now my little boy, who’s been with me 85% of the year his whole life, who’s always gone to his school year with me and we have such a close relationship, etc, is now living with his father for the first time basically, NOT going to school when he’d have another two months left until his 2nd grade year would be up here plus all his one on one private tutoring I had set up for him everyday, and all the activities I had him enrolled in that he loved and I loved doing with him and watching him do, are sadly not happening, it literally breaks my heart.
My little boy is even in a different state? I have no idea the laws but I am learning fast. The social worker took everything I said and twisted it, she is over worked and bitter so she keeps getting my case and situation mixed up with others and blatantly tells me that.
My son is so confused, he isn’t in his room at our home, he’s around my ex-husband new girlfriend who’s had DUI’s and all sorts of weird issues.
The story is worse too, my ex is tattooed head to toe, (in which he covered with a suit he probably rented just for the “watch my ex wife’s heart be ripped out for something she had no idea about” court session) and not that tattoos make the man, but in this case it is a perfect profile of who he really is and what his life is like, for instance a life of open cocaine use, prostitutes, his father legally disowned him after years of him stealing from his own family and father and pathologically lying, I mean the list is typical of what he is, and that’s a bitter burned out roadie for a heavy metal rock band and he hates that his day is done after the band fired him for his excessive cocaine and drug use, I mean there is a reason I have not willing let my son be with him longer than a month and a half sometimes two months during the summer.
So now this is what’s happened, my sweet lil’ guy is stuck with his father and his girlfriend, I am devastated and heartbroken and lost. This whole situation has ruined my family in the past week and a half, my father is on the verge of a heart attack, my mom is hysterical, my grandmother is sick, my whole entire family is trying our best to band together, somehow borrow and pool up money anyway we can to get a lawyer that’s NOT court provided because they DO NOT care and judge you immediately and just trash you no matter what it is so devastating, and we have been praying, so much. Please help us, please help my little boy and I.
My son is my life, I live and breathe for him, and happily do so, his life is already been altered by this horrific event, but I have to get him back, I have to get this behind me but how? We just keep reading online and hearing horror story after horror story about how just the smallest of things can happen to a parent and then BAM!-true or not you can get your kid taken away from you, and then possibly get it actually decided to be sole custody with the other parent, whether they were or are in that child’s life or not, good or bad?
Please help me? I am scarred, and I am so just struggling, I will do anything to save my son and get him back home…..it has only been a week and a half and already I can tell that there is bad things happening around my son, and they are not being responsible care givers to him.
What do I do? Is there anyone that can help me? I am reading all I can about the laws, trying to get advice from the few lawyers who will talk to you and answer just a few questions for free, but I am so scared, my second court date is coming in a week and a half, what can I do to make sure they see I do not use drugs, am a good parent and have NEVER failed my son??? I also took drug tests and passed 100% clean! What can I do to get my little boy back as soon as possible so his life can not get anymore disrupted than they already have done to us? So sorry of this was long, I am just so lost…..sincerely….ShadowMya.

mysticmom

Re: New membership change

Postby mysticmom » Sat May 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Im so sorry what is happening to you< i can say get a lawyer asap. Tell them everything, give them everything and keep us updating. child serves dont offer anything up. Listen to what your lawyer has to say< hopefully a good lawyer and follow.

good luck

Dazeemay

Re: New membership change

Postby Dazeemay » Sat May 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Did your ex friend get charged?

Do you think he set you up?

What did he send if he thought it was viocodin?

Does your dad know of your plight? Do they have something against him being as he was a state cop?

You need to understand that if you get a lawyer they don't often do what they are suppose to do in the way of court proceedings. I can tell you of some forms you need to do to get ahead of cps.

They are many case laws that prevent cps from taking children because of drugs. But, the law was broken when your friend sent it in the mail.

Did you open the package or did the police open it?
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Return to “Announcements”