How CPS dismantles your life - a grandparents view

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Firefighter

How CPS dismantles your life - a grandparents view

Postby Firefighter » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:20 pm

This is what CPS workers do to once happy families during troubled waters. We are grandparents watching a travesty play out:
1. They take the worst moments or your life and judge you from there. Your life before doesn’t matter.
2. Everyone is the bad guy but them.
3. They put themselves on a pedestal but people like me, an outsider looking in, know this is not true.
4. They bully behind closed doors where it becomes your word against theirs.
5. They talk sweet the whole time to you when they know that they are only intimidating you.
6. They tell you how they are more responsible for your children then you are. The CPS worker and you both know that is not true. They are not there to dry their tears when they are sad or feeling sick. They have never applied a band-aid on a skinned knee. They don’t even know where these kids are while they are telling you this lie.
7. If you have no money you are easy pickings.
8. If you have a job, they will get you fired. Because we all know, once you are depleted of funds, the game is over and they win. It doesn’t matter what they say, they now have complete control over you and your children’s lives.
9. They put a label on you like “Failure to Protect” which could mean anything. That label makes it harder to find a job.
10. When you are alone with them, they tell you to plead no contest. When you say no, they put you on the registered list anyway even after you tell them you have hired a lawyer. They now have judged you and sentenced you without a jury.
Just the tip of the iceberg of our feelings, but this is enough for now. We will add to this list later.

family_man

Re: How CPS dismantles your life - a grandparents view

Postby family_man » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:28 pm

This is all very true. Also, they never, never admit they were wrong.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:33 am

All so true. Heartbreaking. I would like to put this list on the front page of the site so that more people could see it. Would that be okay with you?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Sounds like you know them very well. I am so sorry. :roll:
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:15 am

Linda,
Feel free to post. We have been so busy making sure 4 other lives don't go down in flames. CPS has dismantled a decent family for no good reason. Still playing out in court. Can't say too much - media could ruin the outcome - but CPS will have to back down and go away eventually - a jury will see the devastation and realize the truth - in our favor i'm sure. Professional help acquired - but expensive. I wonder if all is cleared will we be able to sue for money lost?

Firefighter

Postby Firefighter » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks for the replies. Just starting to get back to this site. Everything is going downhill since this all started. I have kept quiet about the circumstances in this case because I didn’t want anything to upset the ongoing trials. I think it’s time to talk and get some feedback or better yet HELP. We needed some professional help for a sleep study but it is going to cost more than we can afford. I wrote a lot about this on the “networking/cps investigations” area of this site. It is about a very fine father who has a sleep disorder called “Parasomnia”. He has had past issues of acting out his dreams in the past, but this was while his wife was next to him. What caused CPS to get involved was the fact that one of these episodes happened one night when his daughter sneaked into to the bed after he was asleep. Needless to say, he acted out one of his dreams and this happened while he was totally out of it. He ended up touching his daughter inappropriately for apx.30 seconds and had to be yelled at and shaken to be awakened. When he did awaken he was confused and when he found out what happened he was beside himself. He apologized over and over again. Well, CPS found out about it because the daughter spoke about it. She didn’t realize that this would start a ball rolling. She only thought it was an innocent incident where her dad was asleep and did this completely unintentionally.
Well, CPS has managed to take down the whole family. House is lost, job is lost, money is depleted and the luckily the grandparents were there to pick up the pieces and cushion the fall. The now ex-wife and 3 children are without any income. The grandparents who are close to retirement are being dragged down by helping with court costs and raising 4 extra people. CPS does not care what the facts of this case are. The prosecutor does not care. They won’t even accept letters from the family and friends that explain the situation. The father had a polygraph by the police that proves he was asleep and not aware of what was happening. Conversations with professional sleep disorder doctors say he has all the signs of having a Parasomnia disorder. He has sleep apnea, overweight problems, high blood pressure, a job that keeps him from getting a good night’s sleep (firefighter) and the job brings on some anxiety at times. Anyway, he is going to trial soon and CPS wants to hang him. I look at it this way, if you thought you were perfectly healthy and you were out for a drive in the car. You had a seizure or a stroke and ended up hitting someone and causing an injury (not death). Should you be put in prison for 25 years or would you feel that you were innocent because you had no control over the situation? Well that’s what is happening here. It is just crazy how the court system in totally messed up and doesn’t take into consideration that this is an upstanding loving father. A person who has helped save hundreds of lives during his 15 years on the job and was doing a fine job of raising a family. This is someone who has never hurt anyone. He has no criminal record but is being torn apart by an agency that only cares about how many they can take down. I think this is one of the worst travesties I have ever heard of.
Please read the other entry I put on the “networking/cps investigations” area of this site. It explains more of his situation and how it happened. He also now has a daughter who feels partly to blame. This may mess her up for life. How is CPS helping?
Thank you for having this site to release our deepest feelings.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”