Motion for Placement

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

deliashadow

Motion for Placement

Postby deliashadow » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:38 pm

We are godparents to two little girls. We live in Marion CO. FL. the dAD got an atty to put in a motion for us to have placement for the girls since they have been in foster care now for 14 months. The caseworked hates us and lies AND Puts lying witnesses on the stand. We had no chance to defend ourselves, the motion was denied by the judge because she believed the lies. However the judges order after the motion was odd, nothing that was said in court was in the court order, but a whole bunch of other stuff was. How would the judge know anything else when it wasn't brought up in court or in my home study>

Please help next the caseworker is planning a no contact order. We have practically raised these girls.

monkette31

Re: Motion for Placement

Postby monkette31 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:36 am

Can you appeal the hearing? I would. You might have a certain amount of time to do so or that option of appeal can be forfeited. I think if you can appeal, you will be able to place your facts on the legal record and having your side of the story on the record is great for appeals. I am not sure if you have a right to be a party to the case or not, since you are god parents, not sure about that one. Was this a trial for the parents?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

family_man

Re: Motion for Placement

Postby family_man » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:25 am

You probably cannot appeal the judge's decision, but the father can. He and you should a sworn affidavit explaining why you feel it would be in the children's best interest to be placed with you. Explain the ties they have with you, and include pictures of your home. etc. You could also get a licensed social worker to inspect your home and write an informal home study. Once this is done, the father can file a the documents with the court and motion the judge to reconsider his decision.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”