Help in PA

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

DrizzetPheonix

Help in PA

Postby DrizzetPheonix » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:45 pm

This all started with false accusations from my oldest daughter. Needless to say CYS got involved. The accusations started coming after I cracked down on her behavior. She has always had problems with behavior and in the past couple years if she didn't get what she wanted threw complete fits. She is 14. Now I do love her but her behavior is selfish and she has never cared who she hurts in the process of getting what she wants. I should have gotten help for her years ago but that is hindsight.

Anyway. What happened was I took a lie detector test because i had nothing to hide. However the story I told them was twisted and they basically put it their own words. Basically being truthful on how she was acting and the things I have seen her do got me in trouble. I guess the truth isn't the way to go with CYS. They had no evidence what so ever except he said she said. Regardless they took my kids away from me and gave them to their mother whom barely ever saw them before this. I'm not just being mean here either. Their mom showed little interest. (Now she is acting like mother of the year of course). They won't let me contact them at all. Even supervised. All because of the lies my daughter told them. You see now she is getting everything she wants from her mom and maternal grandmother. She recanted several times before and this last time once she realized how much she was getting from them she didn't recant. Also CYS told her she would be charged with false reporting if she recanted. She refused a pelvic exam.... and two weeks later took one. The thing with this is her grandmother and mother were both abused and I'm willing to bet she did something to make it look like she was not a virgin. (If she even was because of disturbing things I found on her iPod)

Now i can't see or contact my kids. I have been their sole provider since 2007 and my life revolves around them and they were ripped away from me on a twisted statement and false lies. That I really can't prove other than he said she said. The reason why I can't is CYS would not let my other kids speak. They basically used suggestion techniques to not let them testify. However when CYS talked to them in the home my kids told them flat out they felt safe here didn't ever feel unsafe and were never touched in bad ways, but of course they weren't allowed to say that at the dependency hearing. Kids were taken on a Friday to my parents. The hearing was set for the following monday. I was not given time to get a lawyer. The one appointed to me was worthless. I saw him smiling and laughing with the other lawyers and he told me the judge didn't give an f about my statement.

This has been a couple weeks since they were taken away from me. I haven't received any response to my calls as to why I can't see or speak with them even if it was supervised. Their original reason was I would sway them. However my kids even told them that I didn't talk about the issue with them other than a few small details. My son even said he hated my daughter and I told him he could hate her actions but not her because she was his sister. Finding a good lawyer with my limited budget is really tough.

I can't even say how much my kids mean to me. My days are spent staring off into space. My thoughts are scattered and I'm beside myself with grief. I can't eat, I can't sleep. This is killing me because it feels like satan ripped out my heart and took my soul with it. My kids are my life and for them to do this really makes me wonder if you can trust anyone.

That is the short of it. I'm sure I left something out but let me know if anyone thinks I can fight this and how I might go about doing so.

LindaJM

Re: Help in PA

Postby LindaJM » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:45 am

Are you being charged criminally? Or is this just a CPS case? I do know of people who avoided conviction but it had to be done with the help of a good attorney.

It is hard when children are removed when that's who you've devoted your life to... but essential that you find new activities to fill your life. Somehow you must adjust and focus on your own defense. The children who make false accusations have no understanding of how much suffering they've caused.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

DrizzetPheonix

Postby DrizzetPheonix » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:59 am

I have not as of this time because I don't believe they have any evidence other than he said she said. They however are trying their hardest to make it a witch hunt and make me out to be a monster. However all the people around here know I gave everything to my kids. I don't drink, I don't go out, my life has been work and my kids and I really don't want it any other way.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:07 am

So, did you go to juvenile court? Was there a hearing? Did you sign a plea there?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 am

Yes, did you sign anything at any time? I am sorry you didn't know about CPS beforehand. When is your next court date?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”