Children removed

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

momof20809

Children removed

Postby momof20809 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:27 am

Ok, so back in July my dog bit my oldest son. My father ordered me to put the dog down or he was going to call cps on me, and refused to let me have my kids back until the dog was euthanized. (Please don't be heartless here, I loved that dog like I love my kids). I called, made the euthanasia appt for the following Monday. Father refused to even let me have my kids for my birthday (the day after the threat was made). I called the police (no grandparents rights in my state) and to get back at me for it, my father and stepmother called cps with false allegations of child abuse and neglect. Dog was still put down, and cps cleared me of any allegations of abuse and neglect, cleared my house as being safe. They decided they wanted me to undergo testing for bipolar disorder because I had bs misdiagnosed as bipolar when I was 18, and later correctly diagnosed with Trauma induced PTSD due to an assault. (Tests came up negative, no bipolar, or other mental illness). Gave cps the paperwork proving I don't have a mental illness over a week ago, and since then, my case worker has completely ignored me and my husband. She won't return our calls, our texts, or voice messages... anything . I had a full psychological evaluation done, (he made me sound loonier than Hannibal Lector), as well. Psych eval dr originally told me I didn't have bipolar, but changed his diagnosis in the report in an attempt to force me to see him for therapy (going through issues with this dr for trying to charge more than the insurance he's contracted through allows him to). Due the 10 year old bipolar diagnosis...I'm no longer allowed to be unsupervised with my own kids without my father, stepmother, or husband and my kids must remain in my father's house anytime I cannot be supervised by my husband. My father has now started limiting the times I'm permitted to see my kids at his house, and flat out told me I can't go see them without my husband accompanying me

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this? My husband refuses to hire an attorney and honestly thinks that Child protective services will just willingly hand our kids back. Since August 1, my kids have resided with my father, and I just got wind that my case was flagged because my dad petitioned to adopt my sons.

LindaJM

Re: Children removed

Postby LindaJM » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Did this case go to court, or did you sign a service plan?

If your father is petitioning for adoption I am guessing he is getting legal advice and this will go to court. How long have your children been living with him?

If you go through a Termination of Parental Rights hearing and lose you might have all future children taken too. If you agree to an adoption they might leave you alone next time.

Do you have your own doctor to verify the bipolar diagnosis, and are you taking medications? If so, how can they hold that against you?

Sorry, I feel like I don't have enough information about this case to help much - you really need your own lawyer who can understand all the elements of what's going on. Your husband is so wrong - and I know attorneys are extremely expensive these days - but whenever CPS is involved you should have an attorney. People who are taken to court usually get a court chosen attorney (some better than others) but if they get you to sign a service plan, that's not offered.

If you get your children back, I hope you will eventually be able to cut off contact with your father because he sounds like a cruel and unloving man... if it happened to me, I would have nothing further to do with him, but that's impossible when he has your children. What a control freak. I would never do that to my children. :(
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”