Please advise ASAP. I have court on Monday and no current lawyer.

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Hope20

Please advise ASAP. I have court on Monday and no current lawyer.

Postby Hope20 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:05 am

Hi. I have been living the CPS nightmare for over 6 months now. Because I was totally naive to the real system, how they work, how to defend myself rightly, I went along with all the said for a long time, thinking this would help me get them out of my life sooner. I was terribly misinformed and am now in a desperate situation with regards to CPS and have no idea what to even do about my current situation. I have been placed in several situations where others have told obvious lies about me and it has basically been my word vs. theirs and, unfortunately, they were working against me and with CPS so I lost. My son has been removed from my care twice and given to my very abusive husband as a temporary custody arrangement. This all started when I voiced my concerns that my husband, my son's father, was giving me some very concerning signs that he was or was getting close to sexually abusing our son. I was at an appointment with First Steps when i mentioned this. They then contacted CPS and Child Advocacy and opened a very short investigation into my husband. Because he was able to pass a lie detector test, which he is a sociopath so of course he did, they closed his case within 3 days. They then opened a case on me based on several false allegations made. One by UK hospital that i left my son unattended in the waiting room. I did not. I have now learned that both the hospital as well as Child Advocacy works with CPS against the parents in helping them build a case against whoever. I am so exhausted I am going to skip the whole first part and get to the current situation. In September I finally filed a protection order against my husband and was awarded a non physical DVO that is in effect for three years. My son and i moved in to the local dv shelter at that time on the suggestion of a counselor i was seeing for dv related issues. This turned out to be a bad move as the counselor I trusted and respected and believed was actually going to help me turned out to be a fraud. So, I lost my right to have an advocate because all local advocates are linked in some way to her or to the local shelter where she works. My son found and took a small amount of the medication I take for ADHD. I immediately called poison control and was reassured that the amount he took would not hurt him, only cause him to be awake and alert for several hours. As an extra measure of protection I took him to the hospital to have him checked out. I informed my case worker of what had happened, where we were and what was going on. She came to the hospital with a new case plan. I agreed with that case plan. It asked that I keep my medication in its original container and that i continue with counseling. Sure, no problem, made sense. She then asked that i speak to the lady from Child Advocacy. I was confused by this because they are typically only involved in cases relating to sexual abuse or allegations of some kind. Plus, this is the agency that basically started this whole nightmare for me with their false allegations. So, when the worker from child advocacy came in, I said i wanted to have a witness present with me during the interrogation. A volunteer from the hospital who had been hanging out with me and my son offered to keep him for the 45 minutes it took for me to go back to the shelter where i was still living and get a witness to be there for the conversation. When I got back to the hospital my social worker was there again with her own witness. She said, Jessica, I really hate to do this...but, because you attempted to take your son from the hospital AMA I'm removing him from your care and placing him with his dad. I said What??? I never did or would even consider doing such a thing. She would not hear my defense until i suggested viewing the surveillance cameras to see the truth for herself. She left the room and came back a few minutes later now saying the hospital workers thought i may try to leave with him. all total BS, from beginning to end. She then removed him based only on the fact i had agreed to stay with him at the hospital but left to get a witness, even though he was sleeping the entire time, with a volunteer who agreed to watch him, and i was only gone to get the witness so i could do what she had instructed me to do in the first place. Theres so much more to all of this. Can someone please talk with me who understands how to fight the system and win??

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”