Desperately need help to fight CPS corrupt misconduct in court!!!!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Brittany

Desperately need help to fight CPS corrupt misconduct in court!!!!

Postby Brittany » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:08 pm

I have nowhere else to turn and it is impairative that I find some legal aid assistance that is willing to fight for my parental rights that have been violated, denied to me, not advised to me and even been waived in court without me ever even acknowledging that it had been done due to the proceedings of of the visitation hearing after  asking for it to be continued because I had not been appointed a new attorney after my previous appointed attorney took a clerks position and could no longer represent me. Dfcs attorney said that the reccomendations being presented on that day did not pertain to me but to the father of my 2 oldest children. The judge proceeded anyways and unsupervised visitation was reccomebded for the father but not me and I had no knowledge and no advisory from anybody of my rights to to ask the judge for me to be able to start unsupervised visits. The following month we had another hearing only this time it was a pemenancy hearing that reccomendations nonreunification for me and transfer of custody to the father. I had only been reached by my new appointed attorney 2 days prior to the hearing with no time for him to listen to all the misconduct, inconsistencies, and false allegations by my caseworker and casa worker that were working against me instead of with me and showing favoritism towards the father who had been absent 3 years prior to his incarceration during which the time the case was opened and was released just before the  children went into state custody. After the children went into foster care with a fictive kin my childhood bestfriend, we had a family team meeting at which the casa worker told me she had known the father since he was in diapers and been a friend of his mother and knew she would help me in any way she could. With that comment and the dedication and resources provided to him that he was receiving by casa but never offered to me I was suspicious of favoritism due to conflict of interest. After completing my case plan that was outlined for me to comply with and being led to believe by my caseworker after her coming to the hospital to visit me and my new baby she told me I had done everything and we would begin the transition after me and the baby were home from the hospital but that was not at all what happened. A few weeks later at a casa visit she approached me with devastating news that she would have to go along with Casas reccomendations for the father to get custody. That's when we went to the court hearing where he obtained unsupervised visitation. The following month they motioned for a pemenancy hearing in which the we're pushing non reunification. When arriving my attorney advised me to just agree to the stipulation of the father getting full custody and me being allowed only supervised visitation at the Casa center. He said they had strong evidence against me but I refused and said I expected him to fight for my rights he then consulted with the father's attorney and the casa worker and my caseworker. He then attempted 2 more times to discourage me from trying my case but I still refused. Basically the allegations they made were the mistakes from my past not acknowledging my accomplishments  since the case had begun. They falsely stated I was not compliant with my case plan and was evasive. The judge questioned the claim of non compliance because I provided evidence of completing every goal on the plan. She asked what I had not done and they said I had not received services from mental health. The judge then questioned where in my plan was that a goal and it was not any where in my plan when she asked where this requirement was outlined and they searched for moments until providing a psychological evaluation report I had taken months earlier that had no had the reccomendations on it but I was not aware of this as it was never mentioned or brought to my attention until that moment in court. So I was told I was completed with the plan but was never told their was more to complete. The judge took into consideration that important information was witheld from me that was vital to the completion of my case and the reunification of my family. She also became aware of inconsistencies they claimed of me being evasive the previous few weeks but when asked to provide the dates and time of the times they tried to come find me they were unable to provide the evidence claiming they didn't have them with them. But still fail to provide to me to this day after asking for them. The judge was not convinced that nonreunification was appropriate and it was not appropriate to give the father custody. Instead she ordered that the case be continued for another 6 months while I have the opportunity to comply with the newly provided reccomendations. The kids were to remain in their foster home. I was told at a recent meeting with my caseworker following court that the father's attorney was filing a motion for custody transfer which I haven't received notice of yet but also was confronted with the foster parents giving notice that they would no longer be able to provide a foster home for the kids. So I was then told that the placement of the children would be with the father because no foster homes were available nearby and they never completed a relative search for any of my family eligible  to be placed with so yesterday after visitation they went to the fathers. No judge ruled for them to go to his home but was ordered that they do not live with him. I was informed that the reasoning for the foster parents ending their fostering services was because they were exhausted with the treatment they received by the caseworker, the lies she implicated about them, and misconduct being conducted. She said that she and her lawyer were filing complaints on both the casa worker and caseworker to the highest authority. I'm heartbroken for the outcome and feel like no matter what I am being railroaded and not given a fair chance because they already have their minds made of what they want and they went through all means necessary to getting what they wanted at court but was denied. I need somebody to fight for mine and my children's rights so justice can finally be served and we can be reunited at once so we can begin the healing process to put this traumatizing period behind us. My babies are so hurt and disappointed because they have to be with a father who was never even a father to them and can't come home with me. They have a baby sister here at home that dfcs can't find reasoning for her to not be in my custody but insist I'm unfit to regain custody of them and it's confusing to them and the don't understand why they can't be home with mommy too. I feel completely torn that I see my children going through something so difficult but there's nothing I can do because I'm not allowed to.

Gypsy7650

Re: Desperately need help to fight CPS corrupt misconduct in court!!!!

Postby Gypsy7650 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:36 pm

It's not very encouraging to see that nobody replied to you. Was you able to ever get anything done?
I'm in a similar situation but have seen it from the start but had no idea how I wouldn't have any chance to defend myself and my court appointed lawyer told me not to even try basically.
I'm in this situation because my ex is a sociopath and set it up so I was cut off from everything.
So he can get a private lawyer and is pulling all kinds of tactics.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”