CPS battle please need advice

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Wendyr83

CPS battle please need advice

Postby Wendyr83 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi everyone my brother is going through a cps battle right now but we feel like they are trying to do is wrong they took my niece in March of this year we petitioned for my mom to take temporary custody but they said they wanted a letter from her doctor stating why does her doctor think she is fit to watch my 5 year old niece my mom has fibromyalgia so she's on pain meds that's why they asked for the letter but they are asking for the impossible cps gave my brother a certain amount of classes he completed them but they told him that his case doesn't have a limit of classes so they gave him more classes they canceled our visit this week so we didn't get a chance to see her before Christmas and they said that a different agency is taking over the visitations. Should we be looking into a lawyer or should be concerned of loser her

KDus

Re: CPS battle please need advice

Postby KDus » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:32 am

CPS will ask for the impossible and parents find ways to do it. CPS will always put more in front of you.
Yes, he should keep going to classes. It looks good. There is actually something to learn once you get past the anger. Also, it helps to feel you are doing something toward a future of parenting. (I went to 94 classes plus weekly therapy and monthly support groups over 2 years. And all the CPS meetings and hearings)

CPS is good at convincing us that we need to be perfect. Remember, we just have to show we are not a substantial risk. It is assumed the best place for the child is with parents and family. Sometimes the court need to be reminded of that.

It is up to CPS to show your mother poses a risk. It is not your job to show she is good enough if there isn't an allegation against your mother.

If you can afford a lawyer, get one immediately. It will be $5k to $20k well spent. When you do that, you are going to war. They really don't want someone outside their club making things difficult for them.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”