CPS called over Facebook post

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

301roosevelt

CPS called over Facebook post

Postby 301roosevelt » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:34 pm

daughter is a month old and I have a toddler son.
I work full time and returned to work at 5 days after having her. (Financially we had to - husband lost job and moved around that time.)
We are now very finicially stable.

So, over the course of the last month of my daughter being alive, I have vented in a mom page I was a part of regarding being stressed, overtired and sometimes now wanting to be a parent anymore since all she does is cry. (She's cries ALOT).

I've also expressed stress on my personal facebook page that my daughter cries and I'm so exhausted. (Usually posted at 2am when she wakes, and I'm so tired.)

Well, on Saturday Morning at 4am I vented in my mom page that it's hard to bond or want to spend time with her because all she does it cry and I get sad leaving work because then I have to be with her when she is crying. Mind you, this was 4am, she went to bed at 1am and I've been living off of coffee and 3-4 hours of sleep. I also stated that sometimes I think I shouldn't be her mom.

Well, someone on that Facebook page reported me to my local police department. They came into my house at 7:30am on Saturday and did a check on the baby. Everything was fine.

Next thing I know it's 5pm on Saturday and I'm shopping at target and the police are calling me to come in! I went in to speak with them and they said my children cannot be left alone with me until I see a doctor and CPS decides.

Mind you, I've medically been cleared to return for work, and already discussed PPD with my doctor as it was a required conversation. I do not have PPD.

My husband works over nights, so my laws had to take both my kids. I'm embarrassed, angry and hurt over these accusations.

I asked the police what I was being accused of and they said nothing. Then why remove my kids?!

What should I be prepared for? This is all absolute nonsense! My life is ruined because now everyone thinks I'm abusing my children. I will be filing a formal compliant once this is over as I felt Harrassrd over this.

They said they have my facebook posts as proof, but I'm confused, proof of what?! How is a Facebook rant proof of abuse or neglect?

I'm so livid with what is going on?

So, can they force me to not be alone with my kids right now?
They don't have a real case, do they? This is so absurd.

Side note: saw my Dr again today and once again they said I don't have PPD.

KDus

Re: CPS called over Facebook post

Postby KDus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Obviously, never post another word on those sites. (except to warn others)

Yes, they have a case, because they want to. They are saving children from us terrible parents, that are just too human.
They don't need more than suspicion to force their way into your life; and cops will stand behind them all the way.

We live in a snitch society. Worst part being, that the helpful do-gooding well intentioned people have no idea how much they cost someone by making a phone call. Second worst, is that people believe CPS does enough good to justify existence.

Social Workers will use bully tactics to push you into a "plan". It is negotiable. You are on their radar now, so it will be tough to get out of it completely, but worth a try. They will have absurd hoops for you to jump through. You can present your own plan.

It is tough to know how much an attorney would help. They are likely to tell you to just do what you are told and avoid bigger problems.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”