Please help my family! DHR has ruined our lives!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Laura603nicole

Please help my family! DHR has ruined our lives!

Postby Laura603nicole » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi, I am currently going through the battle of my life with DHR here in Birmingham AL. They took my 2yr old daughter October 2015 and then my newborn daughter June 2016 straight from the hospital when she was born.

It all began around the first of October 2015 when an investigator showed up at my door one afternoon. She threatened to call the police if I didn't allow her to enter my home, if I only knew what I know now I would have stood my ground, but I let her come in my home. Besides, I had nothing to hide what could be the harm, this must be some sort of misunderstanding. I couldn't have been more wrong! The investigator did nothing but lie in her report and corroborated with the false accusations that were made by a neighbor who did not want me in her neighborhood because I'm white (neighbor admitted to me that she made the false report hoping our family would leave the neighborhood).

My children were safe, had a nice home, food, clothing, medical care, any and everything a child could want or need and two loving parents but the case worker removed them from our home based on all the lies made by this false report and the investigator. It has been 16 months since my girls were taken and my husband and I have passed every drug test (4 each month at $160) for 16 months, taken parenting classes, I even went back to work (I resigned from my job that I held for 9yrs as a financial aid director of a college when my first was born to stay at home with my baby because my husband is a disabled veteran and we didn't need my income to live so I chose to be a mommy full time), we both had phsycological evaluations validate our mental stability, we have paid child support $850 each month to provide for our girls and haven't missed a payment, we have given them copies of our rental payments and utility payments for 16 months to show stable housing, I provided letters from kids docs to show we cared for them medically, we've done all this and they closed our case on our last court date! It doesn't help that the only family member that was able to take our girls is his mother who has been working against us by telling the case worker my husband is crazy and has ptsd from the war and is dangerous! He has never been violent to me or my girls and they have no proof of it! We have to appeal! I'm terrified, don't know how the appeal process works and any advice or help is appreciated!

Thank you my prayers are with all of you!
Anyone who needs a friend or wants to talk message me.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”