Newcomer..open case Oconee county SC

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

JenRah2009

Newcomer..open case Oconee county SC

Postby JenRah2009 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:33 pm

I have cooperated even did/do everything everything they've asked me to do. I've never been in trouble no record to speak of but found myself in a terrible situation a year ago. A situation I knew was wrong and asked for help. I ASKED for help but instead received what feels like a death sentence. According to CPS safety plan my children were removed from my unsafe home and placed with my sister. After a verbal argument with my sister (justifiable on both sides really in hindsight) she gets vindictive and puts my children in the system. Without letting me or the rest of my family know, she just takes them to CPS office and my babies have been separated since. All 5 of my children have been in foster care for 10 months. They say the kids see each other (requested by the court as part of keeping the family together) but they don't. My kids tell me. Makes me wonder what they put in their reports. My 10 yr old takes mood suppressants and a sleeping pill every day (this I found out from my children) my 8 yr old is on mood stabilizers and an adhd medicine.. he's never had that problem before this..plus with the adhd meds he has to take a sleeping pill. I've always been against western medicine b/c of recalls and corporate greed, etc.. Especially meds being giving to children to make em "easier to handle" or conform. My children are zombies when I see them for the hour I get twice a month. Now the foster care review board says they're reccomending adoption because (And I'm paraphrasing but it's seriously the gist but they had more decorative words) I don't make enough money to support all 5 of my children!! The GAL said in court back in Oct my trailer (3 bedroom 2 bath that I own..no monthly payments) wasnt big enough to safely house me and my 5 children. Seems they'll be making some bonus off my children. My "termination of rights" hearing should be in april (1 yr after intake) from what I've researched but I don't know. My caseworker doesn't talk to me ever. She even has a company issued cell that she never responds to. She tries to get an update, so to speak, only after My visits. A time I'm too emotional holding back tears as I walk away from my babies calling out to me. They're doing nothing for the emotional trauma this is still causing my children other than doping them up. My kids wanna come home my toddlers scream and cry every time I have to walk away from them. They probably think the worst of me. My home was being remodeled at the time I let them in I had just purchased a fixer upper that I had dreamed would be a creative pass time project but turned into a depressing nightmare. I did it all for my kids really and now I fear they will never get to enjoy our home. My treatment plan was complete in October but yet CPS asked for an extension saying I had no hot water in the bathrooms.. OMG I so did. Why would I not have hot water in my bathroom? They flat out lies. Oh and me switching jobs (went to a higher paying job) was not stable employment, by stable meaning keeping the SAME job for a consecutive 6 months. The CPS employee said this in court. Is that true? My lawyer (court appointed) did nothing to defend me I got reprimanded by the judge when I tried to defend myself. I was not "allowed" to talk. My kids are miserable and the caseworker is still trying to find ways to keep them from me. I fear they will succeed at terminating my rights because of my said lack of income. My 3 toddlers are with "new to the system' foster parents who have mentioned wanting to adopt all 3 . Of course my children are loving & well behaved and sweet. My 10 yr old daughter is in a group home. At my "permanent planning" hearing in OCT, My 8 yr old son was sent to another state to live with his bio father who was a complete stranger never having (for 8 yrs) anything to do with his son but all the while claiming I was to blame. His brother and sister's nor I have seen him since. When my lawyer asked in court about visits with my son, the judge said (and i quote) 'if she can make it to Louisiana to visit him then by all means, go visit him'. Im court ordered to visit with my children twice a month for an hour. Can she really say that and get away with it? If i have tho follow"court orders" to a T then shouldn't they also abide? I've been branded and my kids are going to be sold all because of one mistake I made. I've done everything or so i thought, I can't lose my children. Any ideas to help me? Any advice would be great. If I didn't think I could take care of my kids I would've adopted them out myself for goodness sake. "Is there justice in the system or is it just us in the system"? Thanks for approving my request to join.

lori1968

Re: Newcomer..open case Oconee county SC

Postby lori1968 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Our situations are somewhat similiar in the fact I too did everything the court ordered, had an attorney who threw me under the bus, the caseworker has been MIA for over a year and my sister also is the one who brought this nightmare upon me. My advice for you is... DONT give up!!! At least your case is still open and nothing has been finalized yet. From now until your court date in April I would try everyday phoning the caseworker if you cant speak with her leave msg.'s . It's so hard but be nice. kill her with kindness, let her feel like she has all the power. If you have her email address email her and plead with her that you need to know what else you can do to bring your kids back hone. I would also write to your elected state gov.t officials about your case. Also file a complaint with your states ombudsman office. Keep the faith. Dont ever give up your kids are counting on you. You will prevail!

KDus

Re: Newcomer..open case Oconee county SC

Postby KDus » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 pm

You have to obey and follow the rules, they don't.

Yes, they get extra money for siblings, in protective custody. There is extra money for kids "diagnosed" with something and medicated.
I fixed up a friends house for placement, never got inspected. We moved and maintained another 4 bedroom house with furnishings for 2 years, and never had a child there.

I got 2 of 4 back at the 18 month hearing, which was almost 3 years after they were taken.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”