Grandparents rights

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Christinadowling

Grandparents rights

Postby Christinadowling » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:14 pm

I'm trying to help my friend get her grandson out of foster care but the state courts won't even allow her to intervene. Any advice?

KDus

Re: Grandparents rights

Postby KDus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:04 am

Depends on the state but she should be able seek some sort of "relative placement". Also depends on timing. If it has been a while, they are less likely to move a child. Guardianship may be an option, too. I paid for my aunt and parents to try that. It was $5k in one state and free in another.

From my experience, I can tell you, they are likely to make it really difficult. They will show up at the wrong time for inspections and claim she wasn't home. They will make up absurd reasons to object and move very slowly.

Most importantly, the relative must act in full support of CPS and agree with the narrative.

They will be asked if they believe the allegations and how they can keep the child safe from the parent. Then, they will ask oxymoronic questions clearly designed to create answers they can manipulate to their needs.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”