kidnapped and held hostage!!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

DannyMac

kidnapped and held hostage!!

Postby DannyMac » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:25 pm

so I'm new to this whole kidnapping thing by dcfs and cps. I know its probably protocol or for the simple reason of the best interest of the child. so I will just go ahead and explain my predicament from the beginning...
I'm the proud father of 4 amazing children. 3 of whom reside with my wife and I. so lets start with whats going on. the ex was arrested for numerous felonies. her immediate family calls me says you need to come get your daughter before she gets out of jail. by the way I live in south fl she resides in north ga. so I find a flight and fly up and file for an emergency custody hearing. since we have joint custody with mother having primary. I figure its best to go about this through the court system. I get my hearing unaware of mother being bonded out while I'm trying to file everything with clerk of courts. anyways hearing time is set for 4pm. ex gets served calls court says I cant make that hearing can we reschedule for tomorrow. judge says ok even though its an emergency hearing and other parent DOES NOT need to be present. no big deal I shouldn't be worried mom was arrested for drugs and distribution why wouldn't I be granted custody I'm the father? well wait till following day bring all of her pending charges and notarized copies of her indictments along with current background check on myself as well as divorce decree stating she needs to keep a safe and stable home. so get to court next morning mom doesn't show. judge says we will wait for her. so we wait for 2 and a half hours go by and she decides to arrive. great lets get started. drug tests for both parents per judges orders. I pass she fails of course. judge tells me if I want custody I need to have a normal custody hearing not an emergency hearing. the judge states Im refusing to see it as an emergency.
wrench in the guts, you know that feeling you get when you did everything you could do and you still let the one person that needs you the most down.
yeah that's the feeling. well exactly 1 week, 7 days later I get a call from a dcfs social worker stating that we have just taken custody of your child we are having a hearing on Monday 72 hours from now if you want to come up again to get custody its at 9 am.
sure no problem I will be there. well needless to say I have returned 3 times now in the last month for hearings to be continued. child still in CPS custody. why is it that my rights to her as a father are ignored? her other siblings in my home are ignored? WTF is wrong with the system?

KDus

Re: kidnapped and held hostage!!

Postby KDus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 pm

1. You have to follow the law/ rules, they don't ; because
2. The people in the system are either: bad people, become bad people, or quit.
3. They need children in the system for the system to be relevant; thus, they have jobs, and
4. The more kids are in the system, the more money they get and the bigger they can grow the system,
5. And no politician wants to appear anti-children while the system siphons money and provides children as a commodity to the highest bidder, regardless of intentions.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”