Sick teenager lies!! Police and DSS crossed the line!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

babas4906

Sick teenager lies!! Police and DSS crossed the line!

Postby babas4906 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm in SC. My 13 year old daughter has given us hell for about three years. We caught her talking to boys taking inappropriate pictures trying to sneak out and stealing and etc. So When the police called us up for her communicating a threat we grounded her. She told this little girl if she picked on her sister it would be the last thing she did. Bad thing she was acting like her little sister taking up for herself. Anyways we grounded her although we let her out for New Years and Christmas and New Years she got to go to the beach with my brother for 4 days. So her being grounded was not consistently being grounded. Anyways she stole clothes and a phone again so we told her she was not allowed to talk to her friends at all. So next thing we know school starts back. She goes on Feb. 2nd and tell the school she wants to kill herself. They called and I told them we would get private therapy. SO we started checking into the local youth mental facility but they had no bed. So we found a therapist and made an appointment. Well on the 5th I was sitting on the end of my bed and her arguing from my two girls. I called them in there asked what happened my 13 year old started yelling at me and stormed off. So I followed and tried to grab her belt loop. She turned and started attacking me. She hit me in my breast and kneed me in my stomach. Called me a cunt and kept swinging. I didn't do I thing but let her hit me. I grabbed her hands finally gently crossed them over her chest and made her sit till she calmed down. Well there were as follows my 16 yr old son 18 yr old nephew 21 year old niece and friend of the family that's like 35 yrs old that witnessed the whole thing. So I let it go and walked it off. We kept her out of school Monday because of the suicide threat and we were still hoping to get her into an evaluation in a facility. They still didn't have a bed so we talked to her about the whole situation and decided to send her back to school. Well she was still mad about the being grounded. So she went and told them I hit her and done drugs sold drugs and she was excessively grounded. Really? So the day after that DSS showed up as we were leaving to take my husband to work. I asked her if she could meet me back at my home at 4:15 or 4:30 because he couldn't be late. Well she never came back after she said yes. So the next day I took some Paperwork to the school (The Hatch Amendment Letter) As I was leaving the SRO The same one that took my girls to the jail and Merandized them after the lady had already declined filing charges. He has also charged my 20 years old daughter with 16 crimes she has solid alibis for. We cant afford to bond her out. This same cop comes up and asked me if I wanted to talk to them or if I wanted to talk to my attorney first. I had no clue what he was talking about at first. I thought he was talking about my oldests case. Well they informed me it was about the girls my younger two which my youngest never alleged anything. I told him no at first then I called him back and said I would meet with him and so would my witnesses. At the same time we got the call from Marshall Pickens to bring her for intake and evaluations at 3pm. So we did that and at ten mins to 5pm I sent him a txt telling him I was still getting her checked in. He sent me a txt back saying that was fine he would wait. I told him I would be there as soon as I got done. She started to cry when I was leaving and sat in the doorway of the hospital room and told me she only did this to get out of being grounded. I told her that she should tell the truth then. I txt then SRO when I was leaving I would be there in an hour or so. No response. I txt him when I pulled into my house and still no reply. We took two cars to the police dept. 5 people to witness and give statements I never hit or abused her. The police department was dark. I took a photo with another phone to show I did show up. After that night I didn't hear from the DSS Case worker or the officer again. Now I had told them at the mental hospital she had accused me or abuse and I wanted her checked immediately. So she was originally supposed to stay five to 7 days. The doctors figured out she liked the coed and hanging out with friends. So she would do fine then time to come home and she wasn't feeling safe she still wanted to hurt herself. Then after 10 days she told the doctor we would make her scrub the floors with a toothbrush every night which is a outright lie. The Dr. called her on it and of course she froze up got mad and huffy cause she was caught lying again. So finally the day before last when she was still there they pulled her from all group activities and put her in solitary treatment. Soon as they did that she wanted to come home the next day. She was the most rude and ungrateful child when we went to pick her up. Talking about other patients and all kinds of stuff and additude from hell. So we get her therapy plan together and come home. So its all ok for a while. I get the kids we go to take my husband to work and I have to go by the dr. office so around 4:30 he calls me to come get him. There was a mix up. So we pick him up and head home. As we pull up I got out of the car left it running cause I was supposed to go get us something to eat. Anyways I had to pee and change my tank top cause it started to cool down. So as I am walking toward the house we have cop cars coming from all sides and the dss worker too. They come up and the social worker and the cops were acting like I was trying to run off or something he opened my door without a warrant. Anyways she talked to me and my husband and all the kids outside. The cops held my front door open wouldn't let anyone close it like it was his house. They had no right to do that. Next thing I know I was being arrested for two counts of child abuse. And they took all my kids into custody. My whole family was here to take my kids and on top of that my husband was not arrested or charged they should have never been removed from their home. The SRO Lied on my mother said she couldn't drive. My nephew was in trouble but not officially charged and he told everyone in the neighborhood about this minors case. He blocked my youngest daughters father from taking her too! He had all the power and because he was willing to lie and manipulate my kids are suffering. My older brother and his wife my younger brother my 21 years Then I get bailed out of jail and find out the officer came all the way in my house without a warrant. My kids were taken to Walhalla SC. He made my husband come up to the jail for interrogation or as he said to talk to him. He had been awake for almost two days or so by this point. He kept grilling him trying to get him to say we had drug stashed and done meth and all kinds of shit. My husband would not write a statement to any of that. His statement was 3 sentences long that was it. They also tried to split my husband and I up. By lying to him. Then we went into the probable cause hearing and in the SC Legislative Law 63-7-710 it clearly stated respondants are allowed to sunbit affadavits and evidence to prove there was no probable cause for emergency removal. The SRO got on the stand and told the lies he tried to get my husband to sign a statement to. So the Judge told me when I asked to submit the affadavits and my daughters medical records they don't do that there! So when did the law change or is it really just up to them to make it up as they go? So we had to do our drug tests we passed and we proved I didn't hit her. My youngest got to go home the next day with her father. My husband and I have been completely cut off from our kids for over a month now. But my youngest daughter told my niece my 13 year old got to go see 50 SHADES DARKER! And she got a piercing. Well we had a family team meeting and this is two weeks later and we asked the foster care worker about it and she told us yes she had been taken to see the movie. But she waited two weeks to tell us. The forster care parent got suspeneded. I don't care why wasn't I informed of what was going on with my kids. So since then my 13 yr old has relapsed and having suicidal thoughts and had to be put back in another mental hospital. She should have been in therapeutic foster care to begin with. and also the foster care worker informed me that the more we call the further back on her list we go. and it could take up to 48hrs for a call back. I called her Monday this week she still hasn't called back. Now the Guardian Ad Litem was appointed on the 27th of Feb. and just got the case file on March 20th and didn't contact me until March 24th and we go to court on the 27th for the merits hearing. And my lawyer wont do shit. They are going to postpone the hearing because my daughter made some other ridiculous accusations. I wonder how long we have to suffer before they figure out she just lies to manipulate people to get her way. I am so angry and sad all at one time. Please give me any input you may have please.

LindaJM

Re: Sick teenager lies!! Police and DSS crossed the line!

Postby LindaJM » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:22 pm

babas4906 wrote:So the Judge told me when I asked to submit the affadavits and my daughters medical records they don't do that there! So when did the law change or is it really just up to them to make it up as they go?

The judge doesn't have to take any affidavits you bring to court. He could, but he doesn't have to. They should be filed with the county clerk before court starts, and every person in the case needs a copy - so you would have to have copies for your lawyer, the case file, and the opposition lawyer... all, hopefully, delivered ahead of time. Ideally that should be cleared with your lawyer first so he can make sure you're not making things worse with your statements.

I don't know what could help you to get this case closed - it sounds very complicated and traumatic - and I hope you're getting good legal advice locally. The criminal case is really outside what I know and understand - other than what I've heard from others on this site over the years, and what I know from reading.

I would have a hard time trusting my child if that child did something that resulted in this type of trauma to the entire family.

Sorry I didn't get in here earlier to read your posting. I've had a difficult time doing anything like this in 2017 but am trying to turn it around and devote more time to this site now.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”