Confused on CPS

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

CLC

Confused on CPS

Postby CLC » Fri May 19, 2017 12:06 am

Hello, my name is Cassie. A couple months ago, CPS got a call in from someone about my husband speaking dirty to my oldest daughter. My husband lives in Australia, and we only communicate by Skype, phone, and facebook. CPS also informed my husband that they were investigating him actually showing innapropriate body parts to my oldest daughter. This all stemmed from my daughter telling her phsyc about how my husband can get loud sometimes (he has a really loud voice anyways, and yells at his video games, never us), and that he flirts with ME. Everything got miss translated, and that's when the phsyc called it into CPS. I honestly am not sure, but now CPS wants my daughter to have absolutly NO contact with my husband (her stepfather), and they've decided that it's in my daughter's best interest for my husband and I to divorce. I've done everything they said, so they closed the investigation. I'm to let them know when the divorce is finalized, and they said they'll leave us alone then. We've had other instances of CPS as well. My daughter is 16, 5ft 1, and her medication for seizures caused her to get down to 84lbs. I was doing all I could to get her to gain weight, only to fail. Finally, she now refuses to take that medication, and she's now 109lbs. I have another daughter, whom is in a mental hospital at this time, due to massive mental issues from past abuse by the girls' father, and my half sister.
My main question at this time, is, can CPS make you divorce in order for you to keep your children, even though everything was found unsubstantiated? Or are they doing something they are not supposed to do to my family?
Thank you for any feedback. Please let me know if you need more information.

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”