Newcomers, Please be Specific & Descriptive

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kmolina

Newcomers, Please be Specific & Descriptive

Postby kmolina » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:13 am

Hi,
I am new here. I live in NY and my heart goes out to all of you on here. This system is a mess I can see and we all need to bring more public light to it. My situation is a little different though. My stepson is the subject and the problem is that I raised him sice he was a baby (about 1 and 1/2 years old) The biological mother could not be bothered raising him so she left and signed full custody over to the father. Everything was fine up until after we told him about is real mother. We studied books and spoke to people about when a child should be told about their bio parent. It was not an easy decision. It took us a long time to finally decide. He was about 7 or 8 years old. All the studying we did leaned more toward telling the child at a young age instead of waiting. So we did. Things were fine for about a year or so and then the trouble started. My husband was never the supportive type and never paid attention to him. I was the only one who paid attention to him througout his whole life. The boy told me this several times along the way. His father wanted me to raise him his way though (no spankings, no yelling, no consequences, no anything) Not that I am a spanker type but I spanked his butt once when he was about 6 because he bit his sister on the stomach. Since then, and I have two other children of my own, I have never spanked, smacked, hit, pinched or anything else to either of them. I have raised him like my own son all along. So the spanking part becomes relevant later in this story.

Now here we are and he is 14 years old now. For the last 4 years he has been absolutely impossible to deal with. He humiliates his siblings and tells them he wishes they were dead on a regular basis, calls my daughter fat, stupid, ugly, loser and any other name you can imagine. All the while my husband just asks her to be patient with him and that he feels bad because his mother left him. He has insulted me and called me every name in the book. The list is too long to mention, and every time I hear his name or even think of him, my blood pressure goes up and I feel sick. At restaurants he would blurt out religious insults at the table, stuff about Jews and such (Im talking at $300.00 meals in nice restaurants) I am not Jewish but one thing I never tolerated was religious badgering and it bothered me soooo much and I asked him sooo many times not to do this at my dinner table no matter whether it was out or at home. He would blurt out racial insults at the restaurants, he would get up and walk around the places and go back and forth to the bathroom goofing around. My husband would just sit there and tell me to "stop worrying about it" He would say nasty rude insulting things to my daughter while we were out that would make her cry and my husband would do nothing. My stepson would think all this was funny and then ask to go out to his friends house like nothing was wrong. It is so hard to convey the tension that was in the air when we were all together. I could never describe it to everyone here in a way that was even close to how it felt. He just did and said things in such an evil an manipulative way. My husband (only very recently though) even realized this.

So eventually things got really bad in the house and he was acting out like crazy, I had arranged for him to visit his real mother because after a real blowout one night when I removed him from the house to speak with him in the car, he said he wanted to see her and that his dad never let him. He said he was doing all that because of his father never letting him see her and keeping him from her. (little did he know that it was her that did not want the child) So I arranged it and they saw eachother from time to time and then the mudslinging started. She started bad mouthing the father and saying all this stuff to the child that was beyind the beyond. Youd think shed be happy just being able to see the boy but no, that was not enough. So then whenever he would come home from seeing her, he would have all these accusations for him, that he left her when the child was a baby, that he was cheating on her and all this other nonsense!! Then it got really bad over the months and he got really bad in school. So he asked to go live with her and we let him. It was very painful for my husband but he gave in. Well that only lasted 2 weeks! She could not take it anymore (he was behaving the same way over there!) and didnt want him! So she dumped him off without a word and that was the end of that (or so I thought).

Then he started running away, getting hooked up with all these losers, he was even running away from school in the middle of the day. The police were at the house every day. My husband still did nothing. He still let him go to the movies, still let him do everything. So one day in the kitchen while my husband was talking he got up and pulled a kitchen knife on me. My husband did nothing, I grabbed his hand to pull the knife out of his hand and then finally my husband grabbed him away while we were struggling and I grabbed my little boy and left the house. I went to the school and took my daughter with me and we left for good. I had grabbed just enough stuff for us and we went to a realtive's house and we have been here ever since. This was about a month ago.

My husband still does not think it was that big of a deal and that I should have stayed.

My husband never thought the child should get counseling all throughout his life. I always said he should get some couseling to help him through the bio mother thing even when he was little but my husband said no. Even when the kid peed on the floor in middle school my husband still did not get him help and he did not let me.

Recently before we left the house, CPS was called because of the childs behaviour. Now we are being investigated because of it. AND now my other children are to answer to this CPS worker. This past weekend the stepson was back at the house because he escaped from the group home he was put into and because my husband would not let him leave the house, he called CPS, right there in front of my husband, and now there is another report. I was actually in Pennsylvania at the time with the other two kids visiting a relative. So they called me to meet again yesterday morning and I was very angry and told the worker that the call was baseless and I was not even in town.
So I need to figure out what my rights are as a parent and whether or not I have to let her see my children still since I am no longer living there and whether or not she has a right to even speak to my children at all. She also asked for the address at which we are currently living and I am not sure of she has a right to go there or not. The house in sort of being remodeled inside and is not in the best shape. Everything works but it is not all shiny and tidy yet so I dont know what that will mean for me. I also dont know of I have to give out my location to them by law. Any info would be a great help. Thanks for reading.

Kate

Marina

Re: Newcomers, Please be Specific & Descriptive

Postby Marina » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:09 am

Because so many mothers take sides with the father in child welfare cases, it is understandable that they would be skeptical that you have left permanently.

CPS may not consider that your children have been neglected necessarily, but they may consider that your children are 'in need of protection.' If someone is swinging a knife around them, then you can see how CPS would conclude that they may be in need of protection.

Since they may not know the whole story, they may conclude that you have 'failed to protect.'

One idea would be for you to file in court for a protective order against your husband and stepson. When you do it, you can request that your address be removed from court papers for safety reasons. If you do this, and stick with it, CPS would be more inclined to be on your side.

Also an idea would be to file for full custody of your own children. This would give more weight to the idea that you really are trying to protect your children. Sometimes in situations like this, they go insane and take the children from the mother and give them to the father who is violent and criminal. Just be aware that this is one of their tricks to put the children in danger so they can take them into foster care.

Call the juvenile court and ask them how and where to file a protective order and for full custody.

If you let it go, in my opinion they will come after you and take the children, and ask questions later.

debdove

Postby debdove » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:54 am

hello my name is debbie and i am from south texas. on feb. 11th 2010 i got a call saying that their was another cps case open against me cuz of something i said at my oldest daughter's school...now to give bkgd on this, my 12y/o daughter "a.c." has a odd and mood swing disorder and anytime that she does not get what she wants, gets punished, or gets a chore added to her list of cuz lack of respect, she will go to her school and say horrible things about me. she has done so in 8 different times over a three year period. in the past cps workers have caught "a.c." in lies and have even tried to put her in bootcamp and when that didn't work they tried to scare her straight and put her in juvie. needless to say nothing worked. so back to the 11th...the worker asked me if she could come in to my home the 12th and visit i said sure i have nothing to hide. my innocent ignorance didn't know that i didn't have to...well on the 12th i got a call from this worker asking me to come into the office and i said "sure i was going to go shopping in town after you left but this i guess would be convinent for the both of us". after i got to the office she took me to her office and proceeded to tell me that my daughter stated that she had been drinking behind my back, saw me smoking pot, and i was abusing and neglecting her. i was floored i told this lady that none of this was true at all and that she has a history of lying to cps. she said that i can't put the blame on my daughter i told her that non of it was true. she then told me that i was going to take a drug test. i said ok. after the 4 min swab was done she asked me if it was going to be positive and replied i don't know. why? i was at a friends and after 14 yrs i thought what could go wrong and took two hits and then stopped cuz i saw myself being stupid and then left. the moment i finished she said ok now you have to sign this form so that we can give your children to your mother or we are going to take them to the state...i was in tears at this point. i felt i had no other choice but to sign it. i left and then the following week on the 18th my atny and myself went back to the office and asked the lady what i had to do to get my children. and she stated that the case was being moved to family based services. ok fine until then my atny stated you are to go to the aa's and then wait for them to tell you what else to do. i have never had a problem with dealing with these monterious ppl but this was differen...the very next monday i got an officer at my door serving me with papers. cps was now sueing me form my rights and the case worker said it's cuz i broght my atny in to this...wtf i have that right...before court my husband and i had a sit down with the lady her boss and some lady taking notes, and even the workers boss said what she did was very unprofessional. well at court they were wanting me to sign this paper admitting to the court that i was a now alcoholic, a drug addict, and abuser and a neglector. wth i didn't sign shit. my girls have been gone for 2 months and nine days as of today and my youngest daughter who is 6 is in tears everynight wanting to come home. my oldest daughter thinks it's funny and wants to stay with my mother cuz she gets no rules boundries or punishments. well this last court hearing i agreed to go to parenting classes, have an assesment done for drugs and alcohol, have a phsyc., and got to family counceling. i have done the parenting classes (by the next court day 13th of may, i will have 16 hrs and they only want 12hrs). they only want 10hrs. of aa i will have 15-20. now with that being said they said they would set up with other apts for me to do them with the ppl they want me to do them with. they have not done anything. i have been calling the fbs worker and i have left 3-6 messages a day cuz after the 7th the last court hearing he has not called me, no home visit, no office visit, no assesments, no phsyc, no drug tesing, and nothing on their part. when he finially called me back on this last tuesday he stated that i leave him too many messages and i started crying letting him know that i am doing my part to get my kids and with the next court date on the 13th coming up they haven't done theirs he said that i was being to irritated...in my head i was like let me kidnap your kids and do what you are doing to me and see if you would be able to stay sane...oh and now they are bring a 15 y/o paper into this saying that i am bipolar and that i have not been on meds for 14 yrs. wtf 14 yrs and i haven't needed meds till they show up...my atny is at a lose for words on how to sue these ppl for the shit they have done and i really need help to help her win this fight...i am doing the leg work for her cuz it cuts my atny bill alot...so if i can get some help i would greatly appreciate it alo
Deborah L Dove
I thought CPS was formed to help families not to hurt them or rip them apart

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 pm

A parent can hire their own lawyer for the children. Since you are able to have your own lawyer, is it possible for you to pay for one for the children?

nangieland

Postby nangieland » Mon May 03, 2010 8:13 am

[color=#000000]Hi,
We have recently been the target of CPS and DFCS in Cherokee County Ga. The deception of the case worker has landed my 2 yr old daughter in a foster home.
On 1/28/2010 I was a victim of tough love by being arrested for possession of Meth (It is Poison and the devil)! This was my 1st experience with drugs and my last! My husband had become aware of my 3 1/2 month drug use and made the gut wrenching decision to call the local police. Knowing that this could make or break our marriage he wanted a better mother for his daughter bottom line. I am proud of my husband for doing what he did cause I know he saved my life having already been diagnosed with COPD at age 39. I knew what he’d done was an attempt to save me. I love my husband dearly for noticing my toxic behavior. My family and friends didn’t. I’m proud of him.
Anyhow I spent 31 days in jail in which time my daughter stayed with her 21 yr old sister. DFCS came while I was in there and to inform me that in addition to the days I spent in jail my daughter would have to remain out of the home where the drugs were used for an additional 30 days (60 total) before they can allow her to return home. They asked if there was anywhere I could go with her for that time for example family or friends. Well not having family or friends close my church helped me find a great Christian based rehab that would take me and my daughter the very day I got out. Great I thought. I get rehab while waiting this out. Yeah right... Just before the 30 days were up DFCS case worker came to the center and forced me to complete 6 months residential rehab or else. I told her I was disappointed but I had to comply. Within a week after that meeting I received a summons saying I was a flight risk and wasn’t intending on stay in rehab past 30 days and they wanted a protective order in place. I told her I was disappointed but I had to comply. 2 months into the program and excelling in all my classes and even doing volunteer work in the daycare with outstanding interactions with the children and being a role model to all the young mothers there I broke a rule there (no I didn’t use and it had nothing to do with relapsing. I’m still clean) and they dismissed me. All in 1 hour I was dismissed and my daughter picked up and put into foster care. My progress or participation in treatment for the last 2 months hadn’t mattered at all but the 1 time I made a mistake and I got no warning or 2nd chance.
With our church and friends behind us all the way in 9 days we go before the judge and both my husband and I took a hair test to prove we are drug free and made arrangements for random future tests. I go to 3-4 NA meetings a week and I’m enrolled to begin a substance abuse outpatient program. CPS and DFCS says it may be 4 months to a year before we get her back. Why? We were doing great. My daughter had gotten over the new surroundings of the rehab center and being afraid I would leave her. (after the 30 days in jail when reunited she clung to me 24/7) Why did they have to punish my daughter for my mistake? It was nothing that had to do with her safety that got me dismissed. My recovery and my daughter are my top priorities. As long as I’m complying and keeping clean why take her before I had a chance to redeem myself. Why? Another guilty before proven innocent at the expense of my little girl! Even while in rehab they were finding excuses to take her. I know doing drugs was wrong and I have had a clean and happy recovery going this whole time. Why take my baby if no signs of using and clean hair tests shown to date and commitment of randon hair screening at my own expense? Where are our rights when we are doing the right thing? It’s in Gods hands now. What do we do?
:( I get to visit my daughter 2x a week for an hour and half of that she points out imaginary bobo's all over her. I guess this is her way of saying this hurts her too :cry: How do I get her home fast?
Thank,
Angela[/color]

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon May 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Go to your state gov. website and look up Mental Health or Behaviorial Health. Call the State information # if necessary. Find the public mental health clinic in your area, and call them for an appointment.

Tell them your situation and ask to be put into a licensed rehab as soon as possible. If they say there is a waiting list, ask to go to a program out of town. If they say you have to pay, ask Child Welfare to pay. If they refuse, get a court order for them to pay, if necessary.

This same thing happened to the young woman I was helping. When it went to family court, Child Welfare didn't even acknowledge that she had been to the community-based program.

I was the one who found the licensed rehab for her - neither Dept. of Corrections nor Child Welfare would find her the program. I got the name of the rehab off of a Dept. of Corrections-related list of community resources.

There are not that many programs that are public and licensed. You will most likely have to go through your community mental health clinic to get into a program. That is the only way.

Let us know what you find.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 pm

If I understand you correctly you will be going to court sometime next week.

Is there a lawyer at your church that can help you?

Awhile back we had a pastor on this site who wanted to help his parishoners because so many of them were being attacked by cps. Perhaps your pastor would like to come on here to see what you are faced with.

That being said, with you going to court it would be best for you to do an Objections/Corrections form. This form corrects the lies cps has told and gives you a chance to tell your side. You must file it at the court house and be sure you have it notarized.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4274

When you go to court cps has the first say which can last several months before you can have your say.They have ways of asking for continuancy to drag it all out. You must realize that the judge has to be an honorable person and these types of judges are few and far between. Money and greed are the culprits here.

Remember this:

Psa 30:5 For his anger [endureth but] a moment; in his favour [is] life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy [cometh] in the morning. (Blue Letter Bible)
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue May 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Was the 6 month program at the same place as the 30-day rehab, or at a different place?

kmcintyre45

Postby kmcintyre45 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:30 am

Hi I'm a newcomer from Ga. I'm a grandparent who has been dealing with CPS for over 5 yrs now it all started with my sons 3 children they seprated and CPS approved my home to keepp them I had them for 1 yr. CPS gave them back to the mother and 1 yr later CPS took them again and placed them with ex dau in laws gradmother and great uncles the kids dont even stay in the home of the great grandmother they reside with the great uncles in thier late 40's early 50. These kids are 5(boy) 4(girl) 3(girl). no females in home what so ever one uncle is a convicted felon which I can prove. I am fighting for custody of these kids for over 1 and half yrs got nowhere I did have visition but they got that stopped somehow with me knowing it until it was to late. They want even let my son the father see the kids they the other party to this told me that the reason they didnt want the father to see his kids is because when I did get to see them they came home acting out in school. So they blame his acting out on his father. They dont think it could be because the kids airnt happy there and want to be with their dad.
Then last night a friend on my sons got CPS called on him and his wife and they ask me if it came down to having to place the child somewhere would I do it I said yes when they got to CPS talk to the case worker told them they wouldnt let me take the little girl because I was unfit. Boy theat pissed me off how can someone be unfit when I have been approved 2 time to have kids in my home by CPS.
Please can someone tell me how to go about filling charges aginst CPS worker that falsly accused me of being unfit.
Thanks Mary

donna031297

Postby donna031297 » Thu May 06, 2010 11:08 am

Hi-I am new to this site and am desperate. No one seems to hear me-I feel that the cps agency just views my family and I as "just another case number". They have not listened to me and my concerns...My family and I have been extremely co-operative since the start of their investigation, which began in June of '09...Here is the history of our journey

In 2002, my mother and sister asked if they could have a visit with my daughter, then age 4. I thought, sure...why not? I then recieve a phone call from cps, stating that there are sexual allegations being made about my husband...cps and an officer come to our home and tells my husband and I that he has to leave the home untill their investigation is over...we comply. At this time, my thought was, I'm married to a creep. The investigation lasted for about a month. I recieved a phone call from cps stating that the investigation is over...my husband had not acted inapropiate towards my daughter...they had found that my mother had coerced my daughter...I'm thinking, "thank God my daughter was not harmed and I'm glad to know that I'm not married to a creep".

In Sept 2007, my husband and I had a disagreement...I left our home with my daughter, then age 10. While staying with my sister and her family, I get a phone call from my mother...She wants to visit with my daughter and I. My friend tells me that she will take us to see her. We get there, and my mother states that she is hungry...my friend and I decide to go to the store (about 5 min away). We both thought, we won't be gone that long, and that my daughter could just stay there with my mother while we run to get subs. We get back, and I could tell that my daughter was acting a little upset...she barely touched her sub. My friend, myself, and my daughter, left to go back to my sisters home. My daughter then begins crying to my friend and says "I don't know why nana is trying to get me to say things that aren't true about my stepdad", and shows my friend a mark on her arm, where my mother had held her, while she was trying to get my daughter to say things. My friend then goes to cps and reports what my daughter told her-and also another occasion, where my friend witnessed one of my sisters doing the same thing to my daughter...my friend felt that what she did was right...saving my child from this type of abuse (coercing), protecting my daughter from my mother and sister. In November, my husband and I reconciled. My daughter and I come back home. Things seemed to be going well, with Thanksgiving around the corner. My daughter had done something, like yelling, stomping and slammed her door. I went upstairs. I talked to my daughter and told her "we do not behave like that in this home", and I then told her I was going to paddle her. I paddled her on her bottom and went back downstairs. When I didn't hear her crying any longer, I went back upstairs to talk to her. I told her why I paddled her. I told her that I know that was embarassing for her, as I haven't paddled her since she was about 4. She seems fine, we hug, and I tell her that I love her. Things again are going great. She asks to go to her friends house to spend the night. I say sure. The night before Thankgiving, I recieve a phone call from cps. They tell me that my mother and my sisters had gone to my daughter's friends home and had picked up my daughter, and that they are all there at the cps agency. The cps worker infoms me that they took my daughter there, that they were called and told that my daughter had a bruise on her from where I paddled her. The cps worker informs me, that she looked over my daughter, and that she could not find anything, and that I had done nothing wrong. At this point, I'm frantic...I call my daughter's dad, who resides in Florida. I tell him I can't afford to risk my other 3 children over this. I don't want to be afraid of disciplinning my daughter, for fear of her or my family, calling and reporting me. Her father and his fiance make the drive to come and take my daughter back to Fla. with them. All is well. My daughter and I still talk and write back and forth. 1 1/2 years go by, which brings us to where we are now.
June 09, my friend, (mentioned above), flys to Fla to get my daughter and bring her back for a visit...I'm thrilled, as I hadn't seen my daughter for that whole year and a half. During this visit, my daughter tells me that she wants to come back home...she misses all of us, her brothers and sister. Im thrilled...I make a call to her dad's fiance to let her know that my daughter wants to come back home, and could she please gather my daughters belongings. The fiance seems fine with that, and knows that my daughter needs to be with her mother. A few days go by, again, all seems well. I recieve a phone call from the fiance around 11 pm on June 27 09. She tells me that her niece had told her, that when my daughter first arrived in Fla., that my daughter had accused my husband of touching her. She tells me, that she called cps in fla., and that the cps here in pa were on their way to our home. A cps worker and 2 officers arrived here at 3:30 am on June 28 09. They tell me that my husband has to leave the home. I go up and wake my husband, and proceed to tell him that he has to leave. He gets up, disoriented, and then leaves. This was a Sunday...and also the birthday of my youngest daughter. On Monday, I begin to make my calls...I called cps and told them all the past history of my mother's and sister's involvment...I tell them that my husband was cleared in 2002, I tell them of the paddling incident in 2007...all of which has fallen on deaf ears. I told them that my friend, in 2007, made a report against my mother and my sister...conveniently, cps can't find the report. I make the decision then, that I need to get my daughter out and away from my family...so, broken heartedly, I call her father...and send my daughter back with him in Fla. I am notified that cps has opened a case...they tell me that my husband has to remain out of the home, and have 0 contact with our 3 children. I continue to make call after call...what do I need to do...what does he need to do...and on and on and on. Every cps worker, and everyone involved had drug their feet...not returning my calls, not following through with each and every step that needed to be done. 2 mths later, we were no further than where we were in June. My husband and I decided, on our own, that we could no longer afford for him to remain out of the home...bills and everything else were piling up...my calls and concerns to cps, telling them this, went unheard...they didn't seem to care about me and my 3 children..they didn't ask how we were doing...if we needed any sort of financial help, or any thing of the sort. They pretty much just came in, disrupted our whole family, and left us to fend for ourselves. So, my husband came back home. Cps found out that he was back home on March 23,2010. Without warning, on March 24,2010 cps came and took custody of our 3 children. Gone, just like that. So now what? The D.A. office is not filing charges against my husband for any wrong doing against my daughter. But because cps says it happened, then they say that my husband can not be home. It has been a month now, and I miss my children terribly. Cps has failed me, but more importantly, cps has failed my children...PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu May 06, 2010 3:46 pm

I started new threads in the Newcomers Section for the last 3 people to post here, to avoid confusion.

This thread is more for general information, rather than for particular cases. The threads starting with a "lightbulb" are called "stickies," and are for general reference.

Thanks.

sensible

Postby sensible » Fri May 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Hello,

My name is Wanda and I live in the state of Tennessee.

Mine is an unusual case in that my attorney states he and his peers have never encountered a situation such as the one in which I have found myself. I have been “internally indicated” by CPS to be a child abuser. This “indication” was the result of my having to return my granddaughter to CPS custody after taking unexpected temporary custody of her when I was contacted by CPS from another state telling me that my daughter’s parental rights were being terminated. I had no idea that my daughter had lost custody of her daughter.

I began the process of becoming a familial foster parent with the goal of reunifying my granddaughter with her mother. I traveled back and forth to the state where my granddaughter was living in foster care to begin the introduction process as I had very little involvement in my granddaughter’s life as she had been living with her father on an island in another state that financially prohibited visitation before my daughter regained custody when my granddaughter’s father was imprisoned.

When I appeared in court in the state where my granddaughter was living I was shocked when the judge declared that I was being given full custody of my granddaughter, not temporary custody until I received my familial foster care license. I did not protest as I was afraid that to do so would place my granddaughter back in the “system” for several more months. My granddaughter lived with me (and for about 3 months with her mother - on and off) for almost a year until problems her mother and her paramour began causing me and my family became unbearable, intolerable, and too numerous to mention.

I exhausted my options within the court system (requesting change of custody to return my granddaughter to her mother . . . etc.) and with DCS (attempting reunification) before taking the difficult and painful step of returning my granddaughter to DCS state custody with the hope that they would then work with my daughter for reunification as they appeared to have no plans to do so as long as she was with me.

Approximately two weeks after returning my granddaughter to CPS she was returned to her mother, even though I had been told by the judge only a month or so before that reunification was not happening in the foreseeable future. I learned that I had been “indicated” when I received a letter from DCS. I immediately hired my attorney who was told by DCS that I had been told that I would be “indicated”, which was a total untruth as I would have immediately hired an attorney to represent me during my court appearance to give custody back to DCS.

This is not the first of my daughter’s children I have taken into my home, and in fact adopted her oldest son who I have had custody of since birth; he is now looking at colleges. I also have 4 other grown children who have been out of the home for many years.

I am currently in a graduate program and hope to graduate in less than a year and this "indication" will certainly affect my licensure if it is not resolved. I have paid my attorney several thousand dollars, which has resulted in exhausting the CPS internal hearings (two) . . . and then nothing. I spoke with an another attorney today, who I found from this site, and am hopeful that he will be able to help me eradicate this “indication” .

There is so much more to this story, but without writing a book it would be impossible to explain how painful an experience this has been.

Thanks for "listening".

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat May 08, 2010 9:01 am

Wanda, please start your own thread - don't use this one.

I will have to lock this thread because people keep posting to it...

Just copy and paste what you wrote. Go here to post it... New Topic
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”