Troubles Understanding Guardianship

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LindaJM

Re: Troubles Understanding Guardianship

Postby LindaJM » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Katelin, if your in-laws have guardianship now, that sounds like a court order. If you want to go live near them you'd be in a better place for pursuing visitation requests with family court. I caution you against going to CPS for "help" because they almost always make things worse.

I'd move to California - to the same town as your child - and then get a lawyer for advice. Good luck!

One more thing - I'd stop calling law enforcement for welfare checks. That tends to make people angry, and you'll be better off trying to be friends with these in-laws, for the good of your child.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Jeanieawh

Postby Jeanieawh » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:21 am

Hello. My name is Jeanie. I was reading some of what West posted regarding guardianship..
In Arizona the LAW does not seem to matter. In 2014 a Judge w/o out notice granted ashen incomplete petition for temporary guardianship of my natural child. To a non-parent. Under A.R.S. Title 14. 8 days later granted Custody of my Grandson back to his mother after I had had him for seven and a half years.
Two of the petitions in the title 14 for incomplete no proof attached to any of the allegations no investigation. The other position in the top 25 was filled out by the judge himself...

There is a site called....fastcase.com...you can type in Guardianship + your state and see other cases, that were appealed and how the appellant court views things. It's helpful in seeing how they perceive things.
Guardianship are not suppose to be the forced removal of your children, it is suppose to take the CONSENT in ARIZONA of BOTH PARENTS.
The uniform Probate code was never intended to be used in custody matters and Revoking CONSENT is suppose to terminate the Guardianship.. Did not mean...The judge child the law.

dannymatos

Postby dannymatos » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:48 am

I've been dealing with a social worker for about 2 years now it has been non-stop lies after lies I'm not the parent I am the uncle.. As we going to the procedures I asked her when are we going to do the drug test action multiple times she said tell my name pops up in the computer why did it take 4 months prior to the GI making his report been falsely accused of me not wanting to do the drug test ...I had adoption papers signed and delivered she goes in claims to the court that no one in the state wants the child so she needs emergency custody ..I've been in the hospital for 13 hours 7 days a week for 4 months so the child was released from the hospital so how is this possible

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”