Questions for Newcomers

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mundon3

Re: Questions for Newcomers

Postby mundon3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:24 pm

my brother and siste,r who are seven and eight years old got taken away from cps under false alligations. the social worker assigned to the case has not returned any of my phone calls and i feel like nobody is trying to help us get them back. im in the process of getting a child advocate and a lawyer because the case worker is writing a petition to the judge that the kids stay in a foster home until my mom completes some parenting classes. we would like the kida to be reutrned befor she does these classes. they are talking about keeping the children away from the family for months which is absolutly unacceptable. please if anybody can help let me know what to do. ive been keeping documentation of everytime i talk to a worker. they have told me three times that i could have a a visit and everytime they dont follow threw. im extremely fed up

anggarges

Postby anggarges » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:14 pm

I was just trying to find out if i was on the registry i have never received nothing in the mail but was charged w child endangerment. My case has been closed for 10 months or so. I was trying to find out because i was going to school to b a chemical dependency counselor and was reading information and states the program runs your name! My kids were taken because there was drugs in the same house as my kids. I went to treatment and have been clean and am trying to to get my life together.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:08 pm

I assume by what you said that your rights were terminated. There is a new law that states on certain conditions a parents termination can be un-terminated.

Your name is on the state and Central registry. However, I don't know if it would affect your goals. You could call legal aid and find out. If they won't answer you sometimes there are lawyer hotlines that you can ask one question and they will answer. I know our city has one.

I hope all goes well with you in seeking this new life.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

sandiebabies70

Postby sandiebabies70 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi my name is Sandy. My neice and nephew were taken from their home by CPS here in Georgia. They are 2 and 3. Their parents are going through a divorce and a Safety Plan was put in place. The children were placed in my home with their father on the October 29th and the mother was allowed to visit. Both parents were arrested with 2 counts of Reckless Conduct on November 1.(Their home was very unsanitary) On November 3 both parents were released and that night the CPS worker came and removed both children from my home and just said that they had a new safety plan. On the 4th(Thursday)the father contacted the worker to find out about his babies and was told he had to have a meeting with her Monday at 10:30 to try to get this worked out. We let his divorce lawyer know what was going on and he set up a hearing on the 10th for custody. Monday the 8th we went to the meeting with the caseworker and my brother was told that the children were in another safe home and it would take a while for them to set up visitation. Today was the hearing for custody: The Judge only heard evidence from the caseworker in private and that is when we found out that the babies were removed from my home because my 20 year old daughter has Dercums Disease.(It causes tumors to grow anywhere on her body.) And then she told the judge that my brother had not even asked about his kids. We did manage to get visitation 3 days a week 4hours each day. How can he protect himself from the worker flat out lying? Is there anybody we can contact about her lying in court?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:32 am

Sandie, we recommend people type out a court document called "Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker" ... you can point out any lies in your court document.
Links to samples are here: Legal Document and Information Library.

You have a very generous visitation plan so it indicates to me they are planning to give the children to their father. Is he set up in his own home now? Most parents get only 1 hour weekly in a CPS office.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”