Can't get CPS off my back!

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

vmchilds

Can't get CPS off my back!

Postby vmchilds » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 pm

My whole case started from a neighbor calling in abuse and neglect on me because she was mad at my sister. To make my story brief, I was investigated and my case was ruled out. A month later the investigator shows up again claiming I leave my 5 yr old and 2 yr old alone in the front yard. I was completely cooperative in the first investigation. I had nothing to hide. I was only hurt because someone was claiming I was a bad mom. My kids are my world! I don't have so much as a speeding ticket on my record. I've never been in any trouble or done any drugs. My fiance had a DWI and domestic violence on his record. He plead guilty to them so he would get probation instead of jail.
I cooperated with the second case againist thinking I should tell them to just go away. Again, my case was ruled out and closed. The investigator said she was closing the case but bringing in a family based service worker to "offer" me any community help I needed. The family based service worker came in and forced me to take substance abuse classes and voluntarily place my kids in my mom's care. If I didn't they would remove my kids. This family based service worker has chased me all over town. I recently had a family meeting that the family mediator closed because she was putting words in my moms mouth. When I told her my mom never said that she said we called her a liar and closed the meeting. I feel that if CPS thought my kids were in any harm they would've removed the kids while the investigation was going on instead of ruling it out and closing the case. She will not return phone calls. Before the meeting it had been 2 months since I had last heard from her. I don't know what will happen now that the meeting was closed with the family based service worker and family mediator mad at me. I still can't get her to return any calls to let me know what happens next. My now ex fiance is out of my life and they still won't give my kids back. They want to give my kids to their dad who has 2 recent DWI's.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Here is something that may be helpful:

http://fightcps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6572

vmchilds

Postby vmchilds » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:32 pm

Thanks so much! I'll try that!

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”