CPS headhunter speaks out

What do the numbers really say?

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

strawberry

CPS headhunter speaks out

Postby strawberry » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Reading about CPS is addictive. I was searching the internet tonight and found this story, I wonder what you all think? I believe this headhunter. This story brings to mind a scripture that says in part "the love of man shall wax cold." I think we are there in many ways as a society.

http://wadvpress.org/?p=747#more-747

Here are a couple of points he makes:

"Every session and visit is monitored and if the parent probes into the well being of their child, the foster parent is taught how to reprogram the child’s responses to such questions. In essence, they are taught to forget their former families and accept foster homes or adoption as their only recourse to being truly loved."

"As headhunters, we were aware that approximately 50% of children in foster homes are abused, sexually assaulted and mind controlled. We worked for pay and put those statistics to the back of our minds, shoved that knowledge away, knowing we were not the perpetrators of these atrocities."

Blessings!
Strawberry
www.mycpsjourney.com

littleplanet

Re: CPS headhunter speaks out

Postby littleplanet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am

It's an awful confession to have to make. I commend this person for the guts to make it.
What jumped right out at me was the method of screening families:
(low income, low IQ....the vulnerability)

I would love to see an overview chart of cases based on a socio-economic scale.
(and I'm almost certain what I would find...)

Out there in our fair land are plenty enough upper middle and upper class families
with abused kids (of one sort or another.)
How many of them wrestle with CPS?
Precious few, if they've got status, political clout, privilege, and lots of money for
high-priced lawyers. Just one more two-tier system.
Who knows? Maybe CPS is actually 'there' for them, in the manner they were originally
mandated to be...for real family support and real child protection.

It strikes me....just as the housing bubble devastated low income, marginal, and visible
minority families - is this just not one more profit machine for happy investors?
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

ArchangelOKC

Postby ArchangelOKC » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Crap, the link isn't working! Does anyone have another link to this or a hard copy of it?

clgmac

Postby clgmac » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Return to “Statistics”