ARIZONA..MEDICAL MARIJUANA....

Share information here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

journey

ARIZONA..MEDICAL MARIJUANA....

Postby journey » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:43 am

ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND OF 10 YEARS ARE BOTH MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENTS.. WE GOT IN TROUBLE FOR GROWING OUR MEDS...A MONTH BEFORE WE WERE ALLOWED ARE CARDS IN AZ...WE HAVE NOW BEEN FIGHTING CPS FOR OUR BABY GIRL SINCE FEB 24.2011..THIS IS AN ICWA CASE.NOW AS I ENROLLED MY BABY AND MY SELF IN THE CREEK TRIBE...CPS IS FORCING US TO QUIT USING OUR MEDS...BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO POLICY AS OF NOW FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA. I REALLY FEEL MY RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED AND I DO NOT WANT TO BE ON PILLS TO CONTROL MY PAIN. I AM VERY HAPY WITH THE MEDS I AM CURRENTLY TAKING AND HAVE BEEN TAKING FOR ALMOST 12-YEARS NOW..I REALLY JUST WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THAT CPS IS TARING GOOD FAMILIES APART OVER THE CHOICE IN MEDS...IF ANY 1 HAS ANY INFO FOR ME OR CAN OFFER ANY ADVICE PLEASE FEEL FREE...HELP ME GET MY BABY BACK...THANKS..

LindaJM

Re: ARIZONA..MEDICAL MARIJUANA....

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:49 pm

So sorry to hear about this. There is an assumption among CPS caseworkers that anyone using marijuana can't be alert enough to take care of a small child's needs. Marijuana has been illegal in this country for so long that it is hard for most caseworkers to wrap their minds around the fact that it is now legal in many situations.

I strongly suggest that for the duration of this CPS case, at least, you switch back to something pharmaceutical. I honestly don't believe that is a better medical solution for you, but the likelihood of you getting your child back without following court orders is ... very close to NIL.

Yes, your rights are being interfered with... and there's no real justice in the laws. But this is the problem we've all dealt with concerning CPS. They make the wrong decisions, and so do judges, and then we have to deal with the fact that our government is corrupt.

So the choice is - keep your medical marijuana and lose your child...
or...
quit using medical marijuana, do everything on your court ordered service plan, and then MAYBE there will be a possibility that you'll get your child back.

Tough decision to make, I know... but for me, I always stayed away from drugs of any kind (except prescribed by my doctor) while my kids were under the age of 18. I did this because my kids were the most important thing in the world to me and I didn't want to give CPS any excuses to be taking them from me.

Best of luck with your case. You're welcome to write more, anytime!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Psychiatry & Medications”