Fiding an unbiased person to do sex offender risk assessment

Share information here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lysander

Fiding an unbiased person to do sex offender risk assessment

Postby Lysander » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:47 pm

It looks like I'm going to get court-ordered to undergo a sex offender risk assessment. I get to choose the person who does it. They need to be a board-certified sex offender evaluator or therapist.

How do I find someone who is reasonably neutral and unbiased? I want to make sure it's not someone who's on a crusade against pedophiles, sex offenders, etc. lest bias creep into their report. Thanks.

LindaJM

Re: Fiding an unbiased person to do sex offender risk assess

Postby LindaJM » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Sorry I'm so slow to respond here. This has been a busy month for me and I'm still not caught up with answering front page comments.

I really don't know much about risk assessments for people accused of being likely to molest their children. I don't know anyone involved in that business, sorry!

I'd like to have a list of people who do these risk assessments. I can put that on my calendar for after I finish the new state-by-state lawyer database... but that won't happen until after summer.

I was hoping someone else would come answer as I know we've had several people on the site lately with similar issues.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

scaredparent0135

Re: Fiding an unbiased person to do sex offender risk assess

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:11 am

There seem to be very few of these places around. I know when I was researching the abel assessment there are only two places in Las Vegas that knew what they were and only one that I found that currently offered them.

Return to “Psychiatry & Medications”