Teen involuntarily placed in mental instituion:

Share information here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jaguars007

Teen involuntarily placed in mental instituion:

Postby jaguars007 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:13 am

Hello:

I am new to this board, and sadly involved with CPS due to my husband and daughter not getting along, (they both yell at each other). Ultimately, my daughter was on probation, broke it by staying out all night and ended up in a correctional facility for 1 month and then a psychiatric facility due to previous (4 hr. diagnosis) of bipolar disorder, which we were told by other psychiatrists that may not be the correct diagnosis. On the basis of this previous diagnosis, CPS has involuntarily placed her in a mental institution (RTC) with actively psychotic patients in the same unit. CPS told her she must stay there for 4 months due to it being "unsafe" at home. My daughter has followed all the rules, passed through levels in a timely manner. Now on passes, she comes home depressed, states "she feels crazy" and cries at home. She has been traumatized and told us she doesn't even feel like herself, she wants to come home, she said this place is affecting her and she is afraid of "turning crazy". Mind you she has not seen a psychiatrist or had an evalutation in 2 months. The exuse used by CPS and her therapist is "it will go by fast, you have some things to work on." Always changing the subject when my daughter asks about doing this outpatient. Ultimately, we are in a nightmare...has anyone experienced a simular situation?

Thanks

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:16 pm

Sorry I meant to get back to your post earlier.

If you could put this on the cps investigative forum you would get more response.

Welcome to the board and I hope we can help you.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Chelsea

Re: Teen involuntarily placed in mental instituion:

Postby Chelsea » Sun May 19, 2013 12:36 am

I don't know how you would get her put but she will need you when she does. I was in and out of these rtcs for 10 years. Isolation, painful restraints, humiliation, overmedicating, restrictive rules on everything, levels that pit kids against each other, forced labor, nd rape were just some of the things I endured. The worst came later on when no one would believe me and made it out like I "needed help" patronizing and belittling my suffering and comitting me again and again for anything (refusing to eat dinner, getting detention etc).

Return to “Psychiatry & Medications”