Psychological Evaluation

Share information here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

reeceeb

Psychological Evaluation

Postby reeceeb » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:33 pm

I was told that I needed to submit to a psychological evaluation to get my parental rights returned to me. Has anyone had this evaluation? What happens at these evaluations?

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:19 am

I answerd your other post on newcomers board. Read the differences I posted between cps and private psychologicals. This is what you need to do
1) go to the psyc board and ask if there are complaints
2) ask your lawyer who they have worked with before and how that turned out
3) ask the psych doc for a resume (look for experience)
4) make sure you choose carefully

This test will consitst of 3 hours of testing. They will measure IQ, ask you about previous drug use/acohol use, Talk about past mental health issues. Usually they have a "house tree person" test where you draw pictures and based on what you draw and how you answer the like 100's of personalty questions will give them an idea of your personality. They will tell you 3 things like pen tree car then ask you to repeat that 30min later to check memory span. They will also say if they thought you were being honest with them or not. Most of it is preseption and sometimes if the psyc doc is good it is funny how close they get to it actually being you. It is nothing you can "study" for or even prepair for really. The IQ test just measure what you have learned or have the potential to learn. The big question cps is looking for is "what could make this person dangerous to thier child" It how the untrained social worker looking at that test interpets it that gets people in trouble. The most important part of the test is the "conclusions and recomendations" mostly the judge looks at that and ignores the rest to make a decision. I have spoken to several people where me and my child get therapy and they have said time and time again they have been in court and and watched judges flip to the back and just read that part. Why? Because they didn't go to school to learn that so they rely on the conclusion and recomendations to tell them what to do. the rest is just psyco babble to them.

krnzucker

Re: Psychological Evaluation

Postby krnzucker » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:52 am

Use caution!!! Dcf will slant the evaluation they will feed the evaluator make you look crazy. And use this to prevail in a TPR. Have your lawyer choose an evaluator outside the regular pool.

Return to “Psychiatry & Medications”