need advice in los angeles

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

rossifan

need advice in los angeles

Postby rossifan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:55 am

ill try and shorten this a bit,2 weeks ago cps show up at my door
i let him in not having any clue,he talked to me i told him very little but my girlfriend decided
to make a friend and told him about a couple fights we had over the past two years
he leaves two days later he calls us in the the local cps office for a saftey plan with
him and a superviser and some other lady.then he reads some false allegations
called in by a pissed off friend of my girlfriends who hates my guts and wants to hurt
me.not even ten minuts in they say we dont like the sound of this and tell me i need to go two anger manegment,couples counseling
and a couple other classs.i agree to all but anger managment,they then tell us they are going to file on behalf of the two boys
a non detained petition.fIVE DAYS LATER WE RECIEVE A COURT DATE AND TIME we go to court and basically the judge says
go to all the clases and let cps in your house when ever they want,and to come back in a month for another court date then another one a week after that.
my question is what should we do?

monkette31

Re: need advice in los angeles

Postby monkette31 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:31 pm

You have to do the classes now and get on them fast. Does your girlfriend have to go as well? Are they her children or just yours biologically? There might have been something you could of done, had your girlfriend not offered so much information, but she and most people don't know that dcfs is like swimming in shark infested waters.

If you don't do the classes or make an effort to do them, the dcfs report to the judge will say you are not being compliant and they will take the kids. Basically you have to do it all now. I would be the nicest you can be with the caseworker, as it is her job to write the most negative things about you and whoever with whatever information she will get from you, your girlfriend and her friend. They are going to prepare to justify taking your children if you choose not to do the safety plan.

You might be able to get a lawyer right now and appeal this and ask for a trial but that is also risky right now, because they can come in and take your child until the trial, which can be dragged out, thus the children would be not in your custody. Please do not offer dcfs any more information than you have to, they tend to twist everything, as you will see.

Are you in the valley? My case was handled out of the Northridge office. Do your children have a mother they can stay with until this all gets straightened out?, should you choose not to do the caseplan?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

rossifan

Postby rossifan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 am

yes im in the valley,the office i went to is between mason/winnetka on nordhoff,The children are mine and my girlfriends,we all live in same house and are very happy,
like i said we had a couple bad fights in the past,she is not in kahoots with the friend who called on us.the friend hates me and wants my girlfriend to need her help,the lady is a real freak.
Im going to do the classes ill be looking for the anger managment and parenting classes tomorrow morning.what i dont get is thst this lady who only knew me two months of my forty years
on this planet is being listen to like she even has a clue about me.MY girlfriend admitts telling this lady some of our argument stories from 6 months and 2 years ago,but whats in the court papers are lies and made up stories with the two or three real arguments sprinkled in.my girlfriend and i are happy and love our children with every ounce of our souls.please if you have any more advice i would really appreciate any and all.
thank you very much

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:05 am

Yes, this office is the same one where I am at too. Does your girlfriend have a case plan to do as well? Ya, that's pretty weird about the girlfriends friend reporting you. Anybody has to know that reporting to the child abuse hot line is a very serious matter and I would no longer welcome this person in your life. She has created a potentially life altering situation for your children, as being involved with dcfs will affect you your entire life now. You will now be on the child abuse index registry and this is pretty serious, as you are now disqualified in being a parental guardian to any child, even your grandchildren.

The parenting classes can be boring but I found an inexpensive one on Van Nuys blvd. There are also some 8 hour ones you can do to get it over with. Make sure they are court approved and give you a letter of completion. If I had to do mine all over again, I would choose to do the seminar like ones, because you can get it over with. The one parenting class I had was 24 weeks long, one hour a week., then I did another at the UAII and that was only 8 times and got it over with.

The dcfs paperwork is always going to be full of lies and twisted crap all the time. They have to document and keep on justifying taking your children if they so choose. Realize that anything you say to these people will get twisted and seriously twisted on paper. I get along with our caseworker very well, but the reports are always bad.

It sounds like you've already stipulated to their charges. This happened when you signed the caseplan, whatever is in their screwed up reports, which I know are pretty bad, is basically what is permanent on the records now. I had to go to a TDM as well at the office, with the freaky little Tony guy, a facilitator and a few more people, the investigating caseworker...I'm glad to hear yours went well. I refused to listen to their caseplan at all and they went and detained my kids the following day.

It sounds like you have to attend a final disposition hearing in 30 days? They've filed charges on you, you've agreed to do a caseplan and they probably just want to rubber stamp and justify the non detention but jurisdiction over your children. You should be able to all be done with this in 6 mos., since they do not have your children in custody. The faster you get out of their system, the better but you must know that from now on, there will be that record. If anyone in the future calls in a referral on you (calls the child abuse hotline) and especially in the next 12 mos, it will be even more serious. If you get in a fight with your girlfriend and the police are called, the police now have to notify dcfs and you will have bigger problems because of this history now.

Your girlfriend may not realize how serious this is for her as well. DCFS may be looking at her, as responsible as well. DCFS often charges the other parent with a "failure to protect". I'd like to know if she has a caseplan too. They like to call "anger" as emotional abuse to the children and they to say that your girlfriend failed to protect the children. I've heard of people losing custody of their children completely by using this method. When the father or mother is accused of something, they like to charge the other one with a failure to protect by reasoning that if they knew you drank or were angry or whatever, they should have protected the child.

The dcfs investigators are snaky people. They will come at you very nice and convincing, but all they are doing is gathering information to write and twist up against you. Remember this always. There is also someone you might want to talk to via phone that has a lot of info. I will give you his name if you want, or you can look him up on facebook. Robert James Patterson, he is in the valley as well and his case sounds similar to yours.

If I am thinking right, you will have a 6 mos hearing and a 12 month hearing, which are like progress reports and the sooner they can close the case, the better for you. I have heard that they never close the case in 6 months but that is if they had detained your kids. Since yours isn't detained then you have a shot to get this closed at 6 mos. If you complete everything on their caseplan, then hopefully they will close it. If things are not completed then they won't close it, that is why it is better to start asap.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Suggestions”