Indian & Tribal Resources

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Daruma

Indian & Tribal Resources

Postby Daruma » Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 am

Linda, alongside the state forums, what do you think of providing a place to post tribal information & questions? Indian children seem to be subject to a complicated mishmash of state, federal, and tribal jurisdiction that doesn't quite fit into state categories. That makes it easy for CPS to take Indian kids in violation of treaties. Do you think it would be helpful to have a dedicated area to post links like the one below?

Tribal Court Clearinghouse's Indian Child Welfare Resources, http://www.tribal-institute.org/lists/icwa.htm
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

LindaJM

Re: Indian & Tribal Resources

Postby LindaJM » Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 am

Good idea... I will do this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Update! I created the new forum and am copying this message over to it.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

kenneththexton9

Re: Indian & Tribal Resources

Postby kenneththexton9 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:29 am

I would greatly appreciate it. My children fall under this act and when I bring it up in court they ignore it and have not notified the Cherokee nation at every court hearing. I know the feds provide money to states for working with the tribes who can I call because they have violated there agreement with the nation? Any ideas.
Kenneh Thexton [email protected] 816-743-1612

Return to “Suggestions”