Kids with dissabilities and cps

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jackieduarte

Kids with dissabilities and cps

Postby jackieduarte » Sun May 29, 2011 9:10 pm

I think this topic along with some hopeful informtion could do wonders...Since my son has been diagnosed with severe autism.

LindaJM

Re: Kids with dissabilities and cps

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Absolutely! One of my children was diagnosed with Aspergers. The behavior of these children unfortunately tends to draw too much attention, sometimes from the wrong people.

We have a section for medical issues... you can post about autism issues there.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:05 pm

My youngest son has severe autism and was the spark in our case. I believe cps has a vested interest in taking children who are disabled as it seems to be quite lucrative for them all around.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

RoCo636

Postby RoCo636 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 pm

I think they choose children with disabilities because they have an income.

mamasaid

Postby mamasaid » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 pm

The CPS Case is now closed however: I am grandma of 10 yr old grandson with Aspergers. I had him over half of his 10 years in fact I had the last 8 months of 2007 except one week. then from March 2008 to July 2010 in which the parents did not even come see him for 2yrs 3 months! Hence I potty trained him, taught him to read and write before he started kindergarteen, got his diagnos, facilitated IEP etc.
He weighed 54 lbs July 2008 when parents took him back.
November 1, 2010 CPS took him after school called about bruises(beating) by father. Dec 16, 2012 I got Emergency Placement then on Jan 6,2013 the Judge signed Temp Poss Cons to me and I had him until November 7, 2013 when CPS went to his school, no call to me or police, removed him then called me after they had left my town and stated the visitation transporter would be by to pick up his belongings. I was at a bus stop waiting for a child that never came! Jumping ahead

On Dec 3, 2013 Hearing that I showed up at I got to speak kind of but I did not even know why they took my grandson after 11 months placement! When they took my grandson on November 7 he was in uil for art and spelling, 4h for horsemanship and archery, He had just completed his first sport and was looking forward to a championship game. Legally the judge signed removal of my tpc on jan 24, 2014 the term of parents reights started jan 28 2014?

Now I am appealing dismissal of 2 cases for lack of standing?
I am in Texas I filed May 2, 2014 withing the 90 days after my sons term -
I had got my grandsons ssi approved letter in mail november 5, 2013 he was entitled to back pay to age 4?
I have lots of abuse from the supposed good guys! They twisted and made his aspie issues towards me only did not tell me.
My sons appeal was posted on july 31,2014 and then alot of crap became very clear! I need help with apellate briefs contesting dissmissal for lack of standing! thanks for any assist!

mamasaid

Postby mamasaid » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Oops on December 16, 2012 when I got him he weighed 55 lbs the day they took him from me he weighed 86lbs of muscle for a child that was born with lil to no muscle tone documented before and after he thrives in my care but I can not see or talk to him whatsoever taken from me for no good reason then denied conservatorship and denied adoption for lack of standing even though I filed timely etc?

Return to “Suggestions”