Coercion and Cps

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

BUCKET

Coercion and Cps

Postby BUCKET » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:49 pm

Has any one won a case anywhere where coercion was used by CPS to obtain a child or trick a parent into signing temp papers.

BUCKET

coercion and CPS

Postby BUCKET » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:52 pm

A win and a case # would be handy as well the judges name

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:39 am

Blackburn v. Alabama 361 U.S. 199, 206 (1960)

Coercion can be mental as well as physical.

Cassady v. Tackett

Coercive or intimidating behavior supports a reasonable belief that compliance is compelled.

Florida v. Bostick (S. Ct. 1991)

"Consent" that is the product of official intimidation or harassment is not consent at all. Citizens do not forfeit their constitutional rights when they are coerced to comply with a request that they would prefer to refuse
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

zeeksharon

coercion

Postby zeeksharon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:46 am

I was coerced into signing a paper saying i would never work with children and never adopt a child just to get visitations with child until she turns 18 which is next year. I also have a restrainting order on me so i cant see her without supervision.
complaints against the family court of cattaragus county, new york and the handling of the cps case

Gwendolyn

Re: Coercion and Cps

Postby Gwendolyn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm

My personal favorite, non compliant if I had a opinion that was not given to me or I questioned a form I choose to read before signing, so I caught on (by then it was to late) and began to sign ever piece of paper w/ "under duress" before my signature. Sure they didn't like it, and I knew honestly ..that was the only piece of control I had left that they could not take from me..Yes I was being passive aggressive ! Towards the end I was so confused and just going through the motions and trying to enjoy any little bit I had left w/my children..trying to be strong ..IT WAS HELL!! I love my kids and I hate what they did to my family ..I feel so much guilt for failing them for not bringing them home like I promised ..I was set up for failure thinking that justice would prevail.I WAS SO WRONG.I am just one mother telling a very small part of a 3+ yr. Story .I am now learning to survive and find joy one day at a time and hopefully some day help someone else and be a activist and not a victim ..through my story ,Write to the state write to any body that I can write to congress as I have done ..I search wherever I can thinking somebody will hear me or want my story to review for the shitty justice that luzerne county in the state of pa has done..someday i know it will happen !!!

Return to “Suggestions”