Need help on what to do to get reunified

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

harrisfam

Need help on what to do to get reunified

Postby harrisfam » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:45 pm

We havnt been to the pretrial yet and they havent told us if they are going reunification route or termination. They have nothing to go on. It is terrible. Previously before my husband and I had my daughter we took a parenting class to just benefit our parenting skills. We both hold great jobs, i am in college, he carries greatinsurance for us, we have a nice home and vehicles.The Cps pulled our child from the home for no reason of her. They are going on something that happened three years ago that they areincorrect about and my husband wasnt charged with. It is terrible. If there is any advice or suggestions that would help to get my daughter back in our home asap it would be great. Also we both have hired lawyers to help. So anything would be great for suggestions.
Thanks

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:10 am

I don't know what state your in but follow the chain of command. Try calling supervisors and thier supervisor the way it is set up here is the state is divided into regions you go from social worker to her supervisor, then when that doesn't work you go to the head of the region when that doens't work you call the head at the state capitol then the ombudsman's office (all can be found on the internet) also try www.childwelfare.gov look up your state and find laws specific to your situation also look up the State Code dealing with child welfare matters for your state Pm me and I will try to help if you can't find the state specific info you need. You didn't state what your husband was specifically dealing with 3 years ago. However if his rights to another child were terminated some states will terminate all futer children but I do remember reading a new fed law stating some improvement for certain situations can override that.

Return to “Suggestions”