please help befoe it's too late!!

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

alyssadoll

please help befoe it's too late!!

Postby alyssadoll » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:34 am

MY PARENTAL RIGHTS WERE TERM. NOW I AM APPEALING. I AM FROM TEXAS BUT LOS ANGELES,CA. TOOK MY 2 TODDLER GIRLS (3/5)FOR A "DOMESTIC VIOLENCE" THAT WAS NEVER PROVEN, AND THROUGH ME INTO ALL THE "CLASSES"WE WERE THE VICTIMS. I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO BE AN "UNFIT MOTHER" IN ORDER FOR CPS TO TAKE YOUR CHILDREN- NOPE!!!CA. SENT MY KIDS BACK TO TEX. 6 MTHS. AGO BUT I AM STILL HERE FIGHTING. PLEASE SEND ME ANY SUGGESTIONS!!!!? I AM [email protected] thanks sooooo much and god bless each and everyone who's in my same place or worse.
Last edited by alyssadoll on Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:40 am

This is not exactly the same thing poverty compared to domestic violence but I think the citations would apply to both. It is an opinion of the California Supreme Court recently reversing a Termination of Rights ruling.

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/nonpub/B197000.PDF

According to the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997 there are only five valid reasons a parents rights can be terminated and domestic violence or being the victim of domestic violence is not one of them.

Good luck.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.
Thomas Jefferson

Michael

Termination of rights

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:56 pm

Were your rights terminated in Texas or California?

alyssadoll

Re: Termination of rights

Postby alyssadoll » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Michael wrote:Were your rights terminated in Texas or California?
HI MICHAEL- THEY WERE TERMINATED IN CA. BUT DURING THE PROCESS THE COURTS MOVED MY KIDS BACK TO TEX. 8 MTHS. BEFORE, ( LIKE THEY REALLY WANT TO KEEP FAM. TOGETHER, YEA- RIGHT!!?)

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:37 pm

alyssa,

you might get more response by putting this under newcomers or investigations. Not many people look in this area to assist. But Michael is a CPS worker in Texas and I see that he replied to you.

What were the grounds they did TPR?

Did you 'go on the run' with your kids to cali and thats why they were sent back to Texas? What are the details of how they state that you are unfit to take care of your children? (please post all that info in newcomers so more may see it! Thanks)

Michael

Termination in California

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:18 pm

I know nothing about Califnoria Laq.

Are you children in Texas based on Calirornia court action.. If so then there must be a Intrstate Child Placement papers filed with Texas CPA.

Are then in Foster care or Foster/Adopt Care. Are they with relatices or with FICTIVE placement.

Did you ever sign and statement regarding Native American haritige?

Has the case been transferred to a Texas Court?

alyssadoll

desprate mom!!

Postby alyssadoll » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:34 pm

YES, MY KIDS ARE BACK IN TEXAS DUE TO CA. MY CASE HAS NOT BEEN OR TO MY UNDERSTANDING , EVER GOING TO TRANSFER TO TEXAS, THE CASE REMAINS OPEN HERE IN CA. THEY DID DO AN ICPC (INTER. CHANGE--) MY GIRLS ARE PLACED W/ MY X MONSTER-IN-LAW WHO IS COMPLETLY AGAINST ME , MADE UP ALL KINDS OF LIES AND ALLEGATIONS AND ALSO SEEKS ADOPTION. THEY HAVE APOINTED ME AN APPEALANT ATT. HERE OUT OF SAN DIEGO. I AM NOT SURE IF I EVER SIGNED AN NATIVE AMER. HERITAGE FORM OF ANY KIND, I JUST TRUSTED IN MY FAKE PUBLIC PRETENDER. :cry:

alyssadoll

APPEALS COURT ORDERS REVERSED W/ CONDITIONS

Postby alyssadoll » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:43 am

Last month in June '08 my atty. for the appeal courts did put an appeal in argument due to the fact of the ICWA , native indian heritage. Well- come to find out my grandfather (my moms dad) is native american !! The family just does'nt know if he was a member or registered w/one of the federally reconized tribes? But if I am correct, the law states you just have to prove you are native amer? And not that you must be a member or registered w/ a tribe?? ANYBODY?
Another words DNA??

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 pm

I am doing this from memory and I may not be correct. I believe one only needs 1/8 of a blood line to claim Native American heritage but again, this is from an old memory.
I would call whatever tribe is in the area where your ancestor lived and ask them for assistance. They should know the ins and outs of this.
Good luck to you.
Maggie

Return to “Suggestions”