No Fight CPS on Facebook

Any suggestions for the site or for new message board forums should go here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lukes Army

No Fight CPS on Facebook

Postby Lukes Army » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:14 am

I have joined over 100 websites now, some are independant news sites, some are parenting sites, most are people or groups camaigning for a fairer system or the return of their child. I also have my own site at htttp://lukesarmy.com

I have been an support person and networker for children and parents who are unfortunate enough to have CPS enter their lives. I also campaign for a fairer system, world wide. As anyone who has had anything to do with these people knows, nothing you do makes a difference. To be honest, there is nothing I can do for anyone, if they have taken your child, there is nothing anyone can do. You do what they tell you and hope no one takes a personal dislike to you, and maybe, just maybe, you might get more than one visit a week. You may even get your child back if you channel all your energy into jumping all their hoops for the next three years. Sorry if I am being cynical, but this is all I have done for eighteen months since my son died.

The good news is that there is a growing network of groups and individuals committed to exposing the massive scale of these atrocities world wide. Groups like the site we are on. I encourage everyone I meet, I always try to be positive.

Now to the point. In my humble opinion, the strongest networking tool is facebook. There are so many parents and groups on there all posting up news stories, CPS web sites, Help Groups, or it is just good to give each other support. The first post I read on this site made me cry. I know that all my facebook friends would love to read it, and no doubt that would inqusitivity would ensue with people looking at what else the site has to offer. I havent had a look around yet, but I thnk it is great what you guys have done.

However, the first thing I did was to share the page on facebook as all the child and family advocates do to keep each other updated and in the know. I was wondering why I hadn't seen more of this site on there and then as soon as I tried to post on facebook I realised why.

If this problem was fixed you would find your site all over the internet. An example of the networking on facebook is Ramona who is a campaigner against CPS. http://ramonamayon.com/ Ramona builds web pages for free for parents wanting to put their CPS story up on the net. Maybe you just don't want your site up on facebook, but she may be able to help you if it is because you are not sure how, otherwise I may know someone else. Dont underestimate the networking power of facebook. There are 1700 members of Luke's Army on there now, nowhere near as many as are on this site, but it is a small thing to show for my efforts. That is my suggestion for the site anyway, put a share button on so people hit a button and, in my case it would go straight out to my 1800 friends, and don't block people out who are not members, but only members can comment. This is standard for most sites today I guess. I would love to see this site exposed more, you are doing a great thing. Kind Regards, Michael.

LindaJM

Re: No Fight CPS on Facebook

Postby LindaJM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:39 am

We do have a Facebook group... FightCPS on FaceBook but you're right, I should put share buttons on the blog. I'm not sure how to and will look into it.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Lukes Army

Re: No Fight CPS on Facebook

Postby Lukes Army » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:23 am

Youll see how I have a link find us on facebook on lukesarmy.com, you want a "like" button and so do I if you can do it lol, and everyone has a share too I guess.

Return to “Suggestions”