the history of cps?

How did CPS get started?

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

clara2002

the history of cps?

Postby clara2002 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:30 pm

i heard over history, maybe around the 1800's to the early 1900's cps workers would go to random families homes, make up some kind of exscuse, and drive off with the youngest child of the families, and collect money from the goverment when the child was placed with a rich family, or an orphanage. untill one day they got exsposed. then they changed the laws around. im only saying what i heard over the years.

Dazeemay

Re: the history of cps?

Postby Dazeemay » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:21 pm

There was a woman in Nashville,Tn by the name of Georgia Tann who marketed babies and children. A movie was made about her called "Stolen Babies" in 1993. This happened in the 1940's. Another movie was made in 1982 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084336/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tann very interesting read. I believe she lives on in what cps does today.

When an adoptive parent discovered that the information on the child was incorrect, such as in cases of falsified medical histories, Tann often threatened the adoptive parents with possible legal action that would force a surrender of their children (ordered by Judge Kelley) by demonstrating that they were unfit parents.

In 1854 children were put on Orphan Trains because they were neglected. http://pages.uoregon.edu/adoption/topics/orphan.html As far as I know in reading all of this no money was exchanged between the gov't and these societies.

The funding from gov't didn't start until 1974 from what I understand.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

clara2002

Postby clara2002 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:37 am

wow, thats painfull. :(

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:17 pm

I dont see anyone else posting here so I'll tell what I know.
One major case in NY in the 70s the first I ever read about...the family was living in a rural area of central NY.
The bossy nosey busy bodies decided to see what they could see. And they decided the family wasnt fit.
Despite the objections and strivings of the mother and father the state of ny declared they couldnt be parents.
Thats as I understand it the first case of what I call toilet paper TPR
Its not a fancy acronym people dont be impressed. Its a hateful evil term which has no place in a country committed to "domestic tranquility" and human rights. State of ny did this 40 years ago, I dont think they feel any shame either YET>
But when this generation defines the 14th amendment more clearly for the greedly monsters that were dealing with, we will see alot of shamefaced individuals, and I'd go to visit them as often as I could in jail.
How to put them in jail? I dont know, looking for ideas.
The problem is with all of us, because we dont understand the words IMMUNITIES and PRIVILEDGES,
these are whats being violated by CPS and lawyers/judges...because supposedly the STATES have made and are enforcing laws which prevent us from enjoying those IMMUNITIES and PRIVILEDGES in our land.
We are not as stupid and perverted as CPS thinks we are, and in fact the fact that they are thinking that we are is proof that THEY are the ones thinking about it.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:25 pm

So what I was trying to say is that as with almost every single experience when you have an outsider, stranger in your life unexpected voila, what do you know they tend to see things way different than if theyd been there before, huh?
So thats what happened to that NY family, and since NY learned that they could do that, theyve been doing it ever since.
I believe what I read and those state workers had nothing on that family. But they terminated their parental rights. They are doing this for a purpose which is revealing itself now to all of us who are paying attention.
GOD inspired men to think ponder and pray about what would be the best government system. They came up with the Constitution...telling what the government IS.
The bill of rights is like a mirror saying what the government IS NOT. We still havent (to my knowledge, bc if they had been we wouldnt all be suffering a punishment worse than a criminal penalty, as parents) if the Priviledges and Immunities of the 14th amendment were clearly understood.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Dazeemay wrote:There was a woman in Nashville,Tn by the name of Georgia Tann who marketed babies and children. A movie was made about her called "Stolen Babies" in 1993. This happened in the 1940's. Another movie was made in 1982 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084336/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Tann very interesting read. I believe she lives on in what cps does today.

Interesting I can't find either movie listed at Netflix. I wonder how much they censor CPS information. There are a lot of Frontline shows there but not the one about The Taking of Logan Marr.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

LynMCo

Postby LynMCo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi everyone, looking over the posts and this caught my eye. This was actually covered in my child abuse course in college. I forget the year but, a little girl caught the attention of the authorities due to severe abuse. Up till then the attitude had been, what parents did was their business and people generally looked the other way. This little girl was so bad off, they got involved. However, the agency that handled it was...the S.P.C.A! That's right, it seems in this country we cared about cruelty to animals before we gave any thought to children. Soon after that case came to light, the monstrosity we now know as CPS was born. Of course, it was started for the right reasons but, like we've all learned, grew too big and out of control for anyone's good!

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:09 am

LynMCo wrote:Hi everyone, looking over the posts and this caught my eye. This was actually covered in my child abuse course in college. I forget the year but, a little girl caught the attention of the authorities due to severe abuse. Up till then the attitude had been, what parents did was their business and people generally looked the other way. This little girl was so bad off, they got involved. However, the agency that handled it was...the S.P.C.A! That's right, it seems in this country we cared about cruelty to animals before we gave any thought to children. Soon after that case came to light, the monstrosity we now know as CPS was born. Of course, it was started for the right reasons but, like we've all learned, grew too big and out of control for anyone's good!

In 1874, Mary Ellen Wilson was indeed saved by the SPCA - from a foster mother.

According to Richard Wexler ["Wounded Innocents"] "The history of child-saving has a text and a subtext: the text written by the child-savers themselves...that the saving is done "in the best interests of the child" that removal from alledgedly abusive and neglectful parents and placement in substitute care is always a happy ending to an unhappy story."

The subtext is entirely another matter: "It is the story of [some] genuine concern for children, mixed with a great deal of racial and religious bigotry, fear and loathing of the poor, and enormous harm done to children in the name of helping them." ......end quote.

Also from this book - historically, but in much more recent times - a redefinition of the term "neglect" has resulted in placing at risk almost any family who is not reasonably well off - but especially those who lack the resources to fight the system by being able to adequately go to law.
"Neglect" - is the catch-all golden term, used and abused in endlessly inventive ways (something even a Mother Theresa would have been found guilty of)........and that, combined with Federal legislation in the 1970's and also in the 1990's has created the Golden Goose the system now uses to squeeze out all the eggs she can lay.

This history is fascinating...and horrifying.
Any of us old enough to remember a childhood even pre-Reagan, can remember a time when kids and parents fussed and mussed, and made mistakes galore - without ever the threat of kidnapping.

Interesting too....if anyone here has ever checked out the Free Range Kids website.......a site devoted to examining the almost hysterical preoccupation with ridiculous infringements on the free ranging of kids to protect them from themselves, supposedly.........I wonder now - did this shift in our society get a huge boost from the terrorism of the REAL bogeyman? CPS.

Richard Wexler wrote an excellent book - 21 years ago.
I wish he'd get around to writing an update...a 2011 version.
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

Return to “The History of Child Protection”