CPS cards in schools?

How did CPS get started?

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

tjybcy

CPS cards in schools?

Postby tjybcy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:58 pm

Is it true that CPS workers give out their cards to students & tell them to call them if their parents "abuse" them? I've heard this from several people & wondered if it is really true. If so, can anyone give some "proof" of this (web site articles, quotes, etc)? I've heard that kids who are mad at their folks will turn their parents in because they didn't get to go out with friends, stay out late, etc.

Thanks!

captive

Cards

Postby captive » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:09 am

I know here in texas they give the cards to the children in front of thier parents and tell them they can call anytime once they enter your house, my niece took it but never made a call. we made sure she kept it on her person, but she never made the call, she would start a rage when she didnt get her way and say she would call the worker when ever she didnt get what she wanted. We would give her the phone,but still she never took the call.

They took her 3 months later and claimed that the school made all the accusations. Not only did the take her but her brother as well.
He had nothing to do with the case.

One of the reasons why they claimed they took them is that my kids and her kids didnt get the same treatment for punishment.
Which is true, she has her set rule for hers and I for mine. My kids are teenagers and believe it or not they do not disrespect the house as much as hers do. so yes they do not get the same treament. And why should they, we are to different families.

My kids have computers and games stuff hers dont so when I have to punish my kids they loose out on the fun of gaming for a week.
Her kids dont have that luxury of game machines so they go to thier room for a while.

http://cpsvsfamily.bravehost.com

sincerily
Jan

lonelyangel

Postby lonelyangel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah it is true and the sad thing is when your child does not want to do what they are told they can make stuff up them your life is ruined.My daughter told her guidance counselor in a new school district I moved her in to to get her away from the druggies she wanted to hang out with that I dropped her off on people's porches and left her.She also claimed I made her hitchhike to places when she used to sneak out the apartment window and run off.My landlady caught her doing that and told me.She also forged a bus pass and went to one of the other drug heads I forbid her to be around and I had to have the state police pick her up.Sad as it is we as parents have lost control to raise our children with rules because of Children's Services.

Yvette

Re: CPS cards in schools?

Postby Yvette » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Mine told her guidance counselor that I beat her every night. Never check my daughter for bruises & never called to ask me what was going on.

lonelyangel

Postby lonelyangel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Yvette,I know what you are saying.My daughter told her friends I was beating her and allowing her to smoke weed in my home.I never laid a hand on her and even after she called me a mother f***en c**t.Oh and about the weed,one time a friend of hers left a baggie full of something at my apartment and I did not know if it was weed so I called the state police to examine it.If I was supposedly allowing her to smoke weed why in the world would I call the police to get my own self in trouble for it being in my home?I was not told all of the stuff she told the counselor,her and the counselor were afforded protection.Also they said my daughter made several attempts at suicide in my home,what a crock of crap.Yeah she was cutting and when I seen it I took her to the hospital and got help for her.I even let her be signed in a psych ward but here is the kicker,I had a guy that was a police officer who I talked to about it and he told me there was no way she was attempting suicide she was doing it for attention.Oh but that is not the end.She attempted suicide three times while in Children and Youth's custody and they told me and everyone else she was doing that to get attention.Okay so if she does it while in their custody it is not attempted suicide but at my home it is?By the way if anyone wants to send me e-mails about your cases I have a degree in Criminal Investigations and have started my own business and my main area of investigations is going to focus on Children and Youth cases.

Yvette

Postby Yvette » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Thank you for the quick response! Can I email you my case? That suicide just hit home about my oldest daughter! I need to talk to some one. Anyone. They are also playing some of this on my disability also. our social worker was not happy that my sister sat in on a home visit. She (my sister) understand more than I do & helps explains thing to me & the social worker.

lonelyangel

Postby lonelyangel » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Yvette,you sure can e-mail me your case and anything else you feel the need to discuss.I understand everything you are feeling and have no problem helping you or anyone else that needs help or to talk :).

Yvette

Postby Yvette » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:39 pm

I think I emailed you?

Return to “The History of Child Protection”