Concerned Grandmother

Post links to other websites here. One thread for each website please, so we can discuss them.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ruthetta

Concerned Grandmother

Postby ruthetta » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Dear ,

I am a grandparent with many concerns an in need of legal advice. Recently two of my grandchildren was placed with an intact worker childcare agency by DCFS, the parent rights was not taken away, but concerns was raised regarding her medical care with two needy children, 2 1/2 an 3 1/2 years of age.

Because the worker and supervisor had several concerns regarding the medical needs of the children, she called an ask if I would consider temporary care for a year until the mother gets on her feet, currently I am unemployed for over a year, an because custody was not taken by DCFS, they are not considering me becoming a foster parent!

I have already raised three of my daughter childrens for 11 years without their help!!!! Now the agency fills they can continue adding children without being liable at all! I need legal advice badly!

Thank You,
Ruth Dove EL
[email protected]

Daruma

Re: Concerned Grandmother

Postby Daruma » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:05 am

I'm not sure what your question is. Are you saying you don't want to take the younger children? CPS can't force anyone to foster a child. You have the right to say no if you feel you can't care for these kids.

Is there another relative, such as an aunt or uncle, who would take the kids?
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

ruthetta

Re: Concerned Grandmother

Postby ruthetta » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 pm

No, I am not saying I will not take the children. I have the children again. Let me start over...

The children was first place in my home by DCFS under a care plan in Dec 2010 , founded by Childrens Hospital in Chicago.
The children was returned back to the parent in January 2011 with a fault of Medical neglect, the children was asigned an intact worker to help the mother cope with the responibllity of medical needs for her children.

As of June 20, 2011, the mother called the social worker as well as myself stating she can't handle the children any more please come get the children, so the social worker called me an ask if I would concider Short-term Guardianship, of course I said yes. I also ask if I could become thier foster parent until the mother obtain herself in working condition, well the social worker stated no, because the children were not with DCFS, But they can help me obtain public assistance for the children, will I signed the forms that was not obtain thought court just notarized by the agency. Will on a recent sceening for the children due to the mother stressing the children has mental issues, which I took them to, on the report I just recieved in the mail states a DCFS intact family service an it also stated that DCFS placed the children into my home.. This lead me to be a bit confused because the intact worker is stating differently, I am not sure what to do but obtain a lawyer to help me with the rights as a grandmother obtain assistance for the children as a foster parent since they are with DCFS.

But the agency contiunes to tell me they are not, what to do???????????? These are my daughters children...

Return to “Websites”