This could really help please look

Post links to other websites here. One thread for each website please, so we can discuss them.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

FindingHope

This could really help please look

Postby FindingHope » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:00 am

I've seen this perform miracles honestly and I have no clue where to post this but this is why I joined in the first place. I have a friend that was taken by CPS and she's seventeen years old. She will not be going home until shes eighteen so this can't harm them in anyway. Her story is horrible and shows how awful the California police can be.

You can read more about this on the site but I made a petition, the goal is 10,000 signatures and this site has worked for people in the past it can help now. This isn't just for my friend but also other kids in this situation. It's vile and disgusting and I need you to sign this! I need you to spread this to everyone you know and other places you belong on the internet! We have to fight for the kids.

Especially the kids who can't fight for themselves.

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-governor-of-ca-stop-the-injustice-of-the-ca-cps-for-april-bethke-and-others-like-her

If you need some positive change done I recommend this site to you too.

Eljay

Re: This could really help please look

Postby Eljay » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:29 am

A petition is not going to help her.

You don't state what her mother's current status is... where is she in her treatment for the mental breakdown? Is she ready/able/willing to resuming parenting?

You state, "Social Anxiety is a mental disorder, something one can't change." which is not entirely true... there are medications to alleviate and therapy to treat and even cure some of the symptoms. In adolescents, SA is often a passing phase and recovery is often easily attained.

A far greater tool for your friend to use would be the Foster Care Kids Ombudsman (and ombudsman is a neutral, third party who works as an advocate for those who are not being treated fairly by "the system"). Send her to this website: http://www.fosteryouthhelp.ca.gov/default.htm and especially look at "county contacts" to find the ombudsman in her area. There are also mental health resources.

She should also communicate with her attorney/guardian ad litem and let him/her know how she feels. In CA, the court/judges *DO* want to hear from children who are over 14 yrs old about where they want to live. She needs to seek treatment for her SA so that she will feel confident enough to assert to the judge where she belongs.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

FindingHope

Postby FindingHope » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm sorry I forgot to mention some of that. So her mother is currently in therapy and in fact the breakdown wasn't even that bad to need active therapy it's the only time it's ever happened. She's on medicine and we're looking for attorney help since, no, they really aren't listening to her. Even her doctor wouldn't listen to her when said her depression medicine was making her suicidal.

Thank you for the link though I'll check it out, hope it helps.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:49 pm

FindingHope wrote:I'm sorry I forgot to mention some of that. So her mother is currently in therapy and in fact the breakdown wasn't even that bad to need active therapy it's the only time it's ever happened. She's on medicine and we're looking for attorney help since, no, they really aren't listening to her. Even her doctor wouldn't listen to her when said her depression medicine was making her suicidal.

Thank you for the link though I'll check it out, hope it helps.

If she's told them she's suicidal, then your friend can pretty much kiss her chances of reunification with her mom goodbye. :( Only the absolute worst social workers in the world would give a child back to a parent who has stated she is suicidal.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “Websites”