Passing on hope

Connecting with a power capable of victory even when masses of government workers and other assorted systemites are against you.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jmom04

Passing on hope

Postby jmom04 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:14 pm

I just wanted to pass on a bit of hope for anyone that could use it. My child was returned home to me after fighting 4 long years for her. I went 2 years without being able to see her, but I did not give up. It was not easy and sometimes when CPS was on my back I thought I might give up but, I never did. Those people ruined a good bit of my childs life and my own but now my family is back together and my life couldnt be better. My advice to you other parents out there is to never give up, thats the most important. Second, find a good counselor or therapist really talk to this therapist and let them get to know you, this helps too mine helped me to keep my anxiety under control (anxiety caused by cps which I'm sure most of you have), and your child is in danger so you need someone to talk to and if they back you in court and say that you arent this crazy person cps portrays you as they cannot legally terminate your rights. Third, do not show emotion to the cps workers, they feed off pain ex: when they say you will never see your child again (mine did) do not react if they dont get a reaction eventually they stop trying to get you riled up. Fourth, very important, live a clean life in every way you can, leave no room for them to say anything bad about you, dont go to bars, don't do drugs, do not risk hanging out with anyone that could cause you to get in any trouble or anyone that gets themselves into trouble, make sure your house is clean, try to keep the same job even though they make you miss so much work for their bs (again I know its hard), if you are a single parent don't date they will try to say your relationships are unstable, don't break the law or do anything that could get you arrested. If you can take a few drug tests to prove you arent on drugs. Document everything. I kept a recorder in my pocket every time I was near cps this might help you also. Armed with all this contact important people(representatives, senators, governor) local level officials will not help you they are all in the system together and they are all buddies. We got in touch with our state representative and because I had everything I've told you he helped. My promise to all parents everywhere is that I will fight for the rest of my life to have the laws changed regarding cps and their "powers". I hope this helps someone just please dont give up.

LindaJM

Re: Passing on hope

Postby LindaJM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story and good advice here. I agree with everything you said. Congratulations on the return of your child.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Have Faith and Be Strong”