Wrongfully Accused

Connecting with a power capable of victory even when masses of government workers and other assorted systemites are against you.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Jerri1968

Wrongfully Accused

Postby Jerri1968 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi I am a Foster Parent and grandmother...I had a a 16 month old foster daughter(whom we have had since she was 4 months old) and our 10 monthold grandson(whom we have had since he was 2 weeks old)...they both went to daycare since my husband and I worked. The other night my husband was feeding our grandson & he started choking on his babyfood ,my husband had to grab him and suction his mouth out in this process his face was mildly bruised because the baby was fighting getting his mouth suctioned out. Someone reported us to DHR...the came rushing in bright and early the next morning ...took our grandson away as well as our foster baby ,they told us we would never get our foster baby back & we were just weeks from adopting her. Then late on that evening...they came & checked over my 6 yr.old granddaughter and forced my daughter and granddaughter to move out or they'd take my granddaughter too.....What are our rights!

family_man

Re: Wrongfully Accused

Postby family_man » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:42 pm

So DHR has taken both of these infants into emergency custody, correct? DHR will now need to justify to a judge by a preponderance of the evidence that the children are in imminent dander of harm unless they are removed from your home. Have you been served notice when this hearing will take place? Can you get their pediatrician to sign a statement that your actions were proper given the circumstances? Can he/she testify by phone at this hearing? Have you hired an attorney who can represent you in court? Even if you fail (as most parent do) to convince the judge to return your children at this initial hearing, you will have other hearings later through the process to present your evidence.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Have Faith and Be Strong”