Christmas Time

Connecting with a power capable of victory even when masses of government workers and other assorted systemites are against you.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

wireless_mind

Christmas Time

Postby wireless_mind » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 pm

The most miserable time for families to be apart. I'm having a visit the week of christmas (next week HOLY CRAP) for a measly 2 hours :( I am grateful that I get to see her for the grand total of only 4 hours a month, but disappointed of course. Not to mention, yay the caseworker gets to "enjoy" and document our christmas together, as well. I've gotten her a bunch of items and toys that she told me she wanted a couple months ago. I don't have a christmas tree, don't get to wake up at 6 a.m. to rush and see what santa brought, don't have time to make a gingerbread house with her, but these things aren't what christmas is all about, of course. When I'm not working, I usually just sit alone browsing the computer for side jobs, coupons and whatnot. All I want for christmas is a screaming, whining, snot nosed child demanding more gingerbread cookies when she's already had what seems like a dozen. I want to wake up to see her beautiful face everyday. To hold, hug and kiss her and tell her everything will be okay. To read bedtime stories, color and sing. I've been trying to avoid the fact that I'm upset about christmas. But it's not doing any good.

treytrey1

Re: Christmas Time

Postby treytrey1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am

Im with both of you. Christmas used to be my favorite holiday. Now I dread it. 2008 was the last big tree we had. The kids had just finished
helping decorate it the day before they were taken. Now we get a tabletop tree and since were only allowed to see one of the kids
she helps decorate it from her grandmothers house and then we carry it carefly home. Its the best I can stomach. We kept her stocking
and gave my mom the other kids stockings(they are handmade by my mom). We have other stockings that we hang for the memory
of the other two.
I will be so glad when its over. :(

wireless_mind

Postby wireless_mind » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:55 pm

My worker told me she wasn't able to transport my daughter in the weather last week for our visit so I'm supposed to have a 4 hour visit for the 23rd now. I'm hoping that the weather is fine because otherwise I don't understand how I could get visitation??! She said she couldn't even pick her up from the home. I'm really hoping that this christmas visit will go through! I don't have a christmas tree so I'm going to tape a poster board to the wall and draw one LOL so that we can color it and decorate it with stickers and other crafts :D I'm nervous about this holiday but hoping it will be good.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Yes, to every parent who has lost custody of a child over Christmas due to a CPS action, my heart goes out to you. I know how that feels. Four years ago two of my sons ages 2 and 10 were spending Christmas at a Salvation Army shelter while they awaited placement in a foster home. (A third was placed in a mental hospital.) My wife and I were treated to a turkey dinner with them at the shelter. During the visit, a group of teenage carolers from a local church sang to the kids and left presents. Our kids seemd to be in good spirits, and couldn't understand why we were crying so much. It was very demeaning and humbling to think that we were alleged to have neglected our kids whom we did everything we could for, yet they were still taken from us.

Today, we're all back together, trying to recover from our past trauma. We just got back from a candlelight service at our church, and the kids are safe in their beds, with the younger ones anticipating what Santa might leave under the tree. For all of you missing your kids, visit them as often as you're allowed, no matter how emotional it might be for you, and never give up hope. Things can get better.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Graciesmom

Postby Graciesmom » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:31 pm

my 6 kids are not with us this Christmas and it has been HELL. We are not even celebrating this year. Our trial is in one month. That is when we will have Christmas when our kids have been returned to us by the jury!! GOD WILLING. My heart also goes out to anyone else who has spent today alone, without the sound of their kids laughing......

lilmomma8287

Postby lilmomma8287 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:42 am

I am with you there. Our 3 small children were taken a month ago which was the day before thanksgiving. My youngest will be 7 months old on tuesday which is the day we go to our preliminary hearing for the dependancy case. I just want my kids back. We have a tree up but its coming down this week. All of the boys christmas presents is in their room on their beds. Some toys we sent over to the foster family but nothing we didnt care if they come back or not. Cps is a horrible agency and do no justice for families. I have the recommended ISSP but have not signed anything yet and dont really feel that i should sign it. All this is over domestic violence but they are trying to get us on neglect but here is the thing. CPS told me if i seperated from my fiance they would work for him to get the kids so they are for us staying together. This Christmas just wasnt christmas! :(

Graciesmom wrote:my 6 kids are not with us this Christmas and it has been HELL. We are not even celebrating this year. Our trial is in one month. That is when we will have Christmas when our kids have been returned to us by the jury!! GOD WILLING. My heart also goes out to anyone else who has spent today alone, without the sound of their kids laughing......

Return to “Have Faith and Be Strong”