VOLUNTARY PLACEMENT AGREEMENT...PLEASE HELP

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

b92069

VOLUNTARY PLACEMENT AGREEMENT...PLEASE HELP

Postby b92069 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:49 pm

I have signed a voluntary placement agreement. It states that I can withdraw the request or terminate the placement agreement at any time, how do I do that legally?? And after I do can that can I go pick up my children??

Eljay

Re: VOLUNTARY PLACEMENT AGREEMENT...PLEASE HELP

Postby Eljay » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:33 pm

b92069 wrote:I have signed a voluntary placement agreement. It states that I can withdraw the request or terminate the placement agreement at any time, how do I do that legally?? And after I do can that can I go pick up my children??

Write up a letter on your computer, send a letter to the caseworker, certified mail. If it wasn't formalized by the courts, then you shouldn't have to do so either. Try to get mom to be cooperative, but don't hesitate to call the police when you go to pick her up. Take her birth certificate, your ID, and any papers concerning this issue in case your mother tries to pull a fast one and claim that she has CUSTODY, which must be approved by the courts.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

fatherofthree

Re: VOLUNTARY PLACEMENT AGREEMENT...PLEASE HELP

Postby fatherofthree » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:30 am

b92069 wrote:I have signed a voluntary placement agreement. It states that I can withdraw the request or terminate the placement agreement at any time, how do I do that legally?? And after I do can that can I go pick up my children??

Eljay is correct. If you have signed a voluntary agreement you can cancel it at any time. You are not required to notify anybody. However, If CPS believes they have enough for an emergency removal, they may do that. If not, and they believe they have enough for a removal, they will then file in court and see what the judge says. Only you know what is on your case file and the basis for the placement.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Return to “Legal Documents”