Requesting Records

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Gwendolyn

Requesting Records

Postby Gwendolyn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 pm

My case has been closed for yrs, how do request my cps records ?

Eljay

Re: Requesting Records

Postby Eljay » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Gwendolyn

Postby Gwendolyn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:37 am

Thank you!

Gwendolyn

Postby Gwendolyn » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:54 am

Please excuse my ignorance to the law.the link you provided was helpful could you please elaborate the meaning on exculpatory information .in regards to the records I requested ...Thank you .

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:22 am

Gwendolyn wrote:Please excuse my ignorance to the law.the link you provided was helpful could you please elaborate the meaning on exculpatory information .in regards to the records I requested ...Thank you .

http://definitions.uslegal.com/e/exculpatory/
Exculpatory describes evidence which tends to justify or exonerate an accused person's actions and tends to show that they had a lack of criminal intent. It is the opposite of inculpatory evidence, which tends to incriminate or prove guilt. The government has a limited duty under the Due Process Clause to disclose exculpatory information to a criminal defendant. However, that duty arises only when disclosure is necessary to ensure a fair trial.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

fatherofthree

Postby fatherofthree » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:18 pm

There should be information on the website to the agency that investigated you. Just search their site, and records or open records requests.
DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney and am not providing legal advice.

Return to “Legal Documents”