Filing documents without an attorney

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

wmcbryar90

Filing documents without an attorney

Postby wmcbryar90 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:22 pm

The courts are telling me I cant file any motions or documents only my attorney can. The problem our appointed attorney refuses to do anything other than tell us to sign the case plan. I have typed out many legally sound documents but I dont know how to proceed. This is in GA.

wmcbryar90

Re: Filing documents without an attorney

Postby wmcbryar90 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Also can i combine a "declaration of facts" into a trial brief? or should I file them separately?

LindaJM

Re: Filing documents without an attorney

Postby LindaJM » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:13 pm

A declaration is separate from a brief. You could write a brief and then attach the declaration as supporting evidence. ... If your attorney won't work to help you prove your innocence, you can tell the judge you feel that attorney is incompetent and/or unable to represent you fairly, and ask that another one be appointed. Ever heard of a Marsden Hearing? You might want to Google that term.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Legal Documents”