How to file a motion for visitation

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Three Girls Gone

How to file a motion for visitation

Postby Three Girls Gone » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:59 am

I am in the state of Texas and CP's is not following senate bill 352 it is a visitation law CPS is souppous to follow and their not. My attorney says the bill is considerable but she has not done anything to get me more visits.The bill was souppouse to been filed in court according to Texas senate bill. What can I file to get more visitation. I have a 1 yr. Old 4 yr. Old and a 12 yr. Old and the 1 yr. Old is in foster care the other two are with their dads. I get an 1 hr. Visit every other week. The family goal is reunification I should have more visits then this and I am dying inside please help. Here are the senate bill that they should follow could you post this on legal forms or on your website so that ppl can see this law in their state.Minnesota started the bill and Texas passed the bill. Other state may have passes it also.

texaschildrencommission.gov/media/

http://www.onevoicetexas.org

LindaJM

Re: How to file a motion for visitation

Postby LindaJM » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:09 am

What does your court order state about visitation? Does it specify one hour every two weeks?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Three Girls Gone

Postby Three Girls Gone » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:20 pm

I don't have it in front of me, but a services plan was created before Io went to court and it says that I should get 1 hr. every other wk. Or two hrs. a month. Now I didn't sign this agreement. However when we went to court the court order was read by the caseworker. I did not get a copy of this court order. I just not got the court order from the court house and it does not have supervise visits in it.
The county attorney says that that the very first service plan that was created that I just mentioned above, she says it is court ordered. How in the heck is it court ordered if it's not mentioned in the court order. Its not in black and white on the court order.
Plus, I never signed that services plan to be in correspondence with that 1 hr. 2 hr. visit. But now I have went over my attorneys head about visitation and now I have a court date on 3/19. My attorney was saying that she had to have an agreement between the case worker, supervisor ,child's ad litem and the county clerk. BULLSHIT! I told her if didn't file that dam motion Monday morning I was kicking her ass off of my case. She filed that dam motion Monday morning. And I wrote her one of them letters that Linda Martin mentioned. A comprehensive Letter to show her im not playing about my three little girls.
Their treating me like shit and I'm not having it, the case worker is pissed at me and she hates me, because I stay on their ass, and the more I stress the attorney the more the attorney stress them and their supervisor. and CPS is hating it. I am going to fight them till my children are safe with me at home. :D

kiddydat

Postby kiddydat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:15 am

You should get a copy of the motion your attorney filed! That way you can take your personal info out and upload it to the website for all of us.
I need to do the exact same thing only I have a state attorney who refuses, and there is only one attorney available to me so I cannot switch or fire her.
If you have or could get a copy that would be so helpful!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:52 am

Yes, I'd like to have a copy of this motion on the site. I've recently installed a new document management software and will be looking for documents like this to fill it.

When will your motion be heard?

Congratulations on getting it filed.

Warning: if you make your caseworker hate you, it may be more difficult to get your child back because they will work harder to defy the person they hate. I hope that will not be the situation for you. At least she knows how much you want your children.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Legal Documents”